IIRSA Economic Fundamentals
This paper revisits IIRSA's economic fundamentals, looking at the motivation behind regional integration, the importance of transport versus policy related trade costs, and the likely impact of the initiative on regional disparities and growth.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1300 New York Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20577|
Web page: http://www.iadb.org/publications/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- BEHRENS, Kristian, 2004.
"International integration and regional inequalities : how important is national infrastructure ?,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2004066, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Kristian Behrens, 2011. "International Integration And Regional Inequalities: How Important Is National Infrastructure?," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 79(5), pages 952-971, 09.
- Chiquiar, Daniel, 2005. "Why Mexico's regional income convergence broke down," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 257-275, June.
- Winters, L. Alan & Amjadi, Azita, 1999.
"Transport Costs and “Natural” Integration in Mercosur,"
Journal of Economic Integration,
Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 14, pages 497-521.
- Amjadi, Azita & Winters, L. Alan, 1997. "Transport costs and"natural"integration in Mercosur," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1742, The World Bank.
- Kessides, C., 1993. "The Contributions of Infrastructure to Economic Development, A review of Experience and Policy Implications," World Bank - Discussion Papers 213, World Bank.
- Vito Tanzi, 2005. "Building regional infrastructure in Latin America," INTAL Working Papers 2642, Inter-American Development Bank, INTAL.
- Gramlich, Edward M, 1994. "Infrastructure Investment: A Review Essay," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(3), pages 1176-96, September.
- Vito Tanzi, 2005. "Building Regional Infrastructure in Latin America," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 9357, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Ximena Clark & David Dollar & Alejandro Micco, 2004.
"Port Efficiency, Maritime Transport Costs and Bilateral Trade,"
NBER Working Papers
10353, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Clark, Ximena & Dollar, David & Micco, Alejandro, 2004. "Port efficiency, maritime transport costs, and bilateral trade," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 417-450, December.
- Anthony J. Venables, 2005. "Regional Disparities in Regional Blocs: Theory and Policy," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 24658, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Dollar, David & Micco, Alejandro & Clark, Ximena, 2002. "Maritime transport costs and port efficiency," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2781, The World Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:idb:brikps:9201. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Monica Bazan)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.