Innovation Policy for Development: an Overview
This paper was prepared for the LAEBA 2005 second annual meeting in Buenos Aires, Argentina. It is meant to provide a framework for thinking systematically about innovation policies for development, without venturing into specific, recipe-like policy recommendations. It does so by identifying and dissecting the key issues that arise in this context, and by examining in some detail the case of innovation policy in Israel, which sheds light both on the promise and the limitations of such policies.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.iadb.org/publications/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul Romer, 1989.
"Endogenous Technological Change,"
NBER Working Papers
3210, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul M Romer, 1999.
"Increasing Returns and Long-Run Growth,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
2232, David K. Levine.
- Coe, David T & Helpman, Elhanan & Hoffmaister, Alexander, 1995.
"North-South R&D Spillovers,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1133, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Charles I. Jones & John C. Williams, 1998.
"Measuring The Social Return To R&D,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 113(4), pages 1119-1135, November.
- Charles I. Jones & John C. Williams, . "Measuring the Social Return to R&D," Working Papers 97002, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Charles I. Jones & John C. Williams, 1997. "Measuring the social return to R&D," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-12, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Trajtenberg, M. & Bresnahan, T.F., 1992.
"General Purpose Technologies: "Engines of Growth","
16-92, Tel Aviv.
- Trajtenberg, M., 2001.
"Government Support of Commercial R&D: Lessons from the Israeli Experience,"
2001-8, Tel Aviv.
- Manuel Trajtenberg, 2002. "Government Support for Commercial R&D: Lessons from the Israeli Experience," NBER Chapters, in: Innovation Policy and the Economy, Volume 2, pages 79-134 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rosenberg, Nathan & Nelson, Richard R., 1994. "American universities and technical advance in industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 323-348, May.
- Cohen, Wesley M & Levinthal, Daniel A, 1989. "Innovation and Learning: The Two Faces of R&D," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 569-96, September.
- Dale W. Jorgenson & Khuong Vu, 2005.
"Information Technology and the World Economy,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 107(4), pages 631-650, December.
- Moses Abramovitz, 1956. "Resource and Output Trends in the United States Since 1870," NBER Chapters, in: Resource and Output Trends in the United States Since 1870, pages 1-23 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:idb:brikps:46598. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Monica Bazan)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.