The Impact of Public and Private Job Training in Colombia
In this working paper, the authors present various matching estimators of the impact on earnings for individuals who attended public and private job training programs in Colombia, namely the National Learning Service (SENA). The authors estimate propensity scores by controlling for the wide variety of personal and socioeconomic background variables of those individuals, measuring the effect of training disaggregated by type of institution (private, SENA, or other public programs), time (short and long-term) and gender.
|Date of creation:||Feb 2005|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1300 New York Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20577|
Web page: http://www.iadb.org/publications/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heckman, James J. & Lalonde, Robert J. & Smith, Jeffrey A., 1999. "The economics and econometrics of active labor market programs," Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 31, pages 1865-2097 Elsevier.
- Lee, Lung-Fei, 1983. "Generalized Econometric Models with Selectivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(2), pages 507-512, March.
- Heckman, James J & Lochner, Lance & Taber, Christopher, 1998.
"General-Equilibrium Treatment Effects: A Study of Tuition Policy,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 88(2), pages 381-386, May.
- James J. Heckman & Lance Lochner & Christopher Taber, 1998. "General Equilibrium Treatment Effects: A Study of Tuition Policy," NBER Working Papers 6426, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Garen, John, 1984. "The Returns to Schooling: A Selectivity Bias Approach with a Continuous Choice Variable," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(5), pages 1199-1218, September.
- James Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 1998.
"Characterizing Selection Bias Using Experimental Data,"
Econometric Society, vol. 66(5), pages 1017-1098, September.
- James Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 1998. "Characterizing Selection Bias Using Experimental Data," NBER Working Papers 6699, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jimenez, Emmanuel & Kugler, Bernardo & Horn, Robin, 1989. "National In-Service Training Systems in Latin America: An Economic Evaluation of Colombia's SENA," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 37(3), pages 595-610, April.
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra E. Todd, 1997. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator: Evidence from Evaluating a Job Training Programme," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(4), pages 605-654.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:idb:brikps:43318. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Monica Bazan)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.