Estimation procedures for exchangeable Marshall copulas with hydrological application
Complex phenomena in environmental sciences can be conveniently represented by several inter-dependent random variables. In order to describe such situations, copula-based models have been studied during the last year. In this paper, we consider a novel family of bivariate copulas, called exchangeable Marshall copulas. Such copulas describe both positive and (upper) tail association between random variables. Speci cally, inference procedures for the family of exchangeable Marshall copulas are introduced, based on the estimation of their (univariate) generator. Moreover, the performance of the proposed methodologies is shown in a simulation study. Finally, an illustration describes how the proposed procedures can be useful in a hydrological application.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2014|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Spandauer Str. 1,10178 Berlin|
Web page: http://sfb649.wiwi.hu-berlin.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Di Bernardino Elena & Rullière Didier, 2013.
"On certain transformations of Archimedean copulas: Application to the non-parametric estimation of their generators,"
De Gruyter Open, vol. 1, pages 1-36, October.
- Elena Di Bernardino & Didier Rullière, 2013. "On certain transformation of Archimedean copulas: Application to the non-parametric estimation of their generators," Post-Print hal-00834000, HAL.
- Jean-François Quessy, 2012. "Testing for Bivariate Extreme Dependence Using Kendall's Process," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 39(3), pages 497-514, 09.
- Fabrizio Durante, 2009. "Construction of non-exchangeable bivariate distribution functions," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 50(2), pages 383-391, March.
- Manner, Hans & Segers, Johan, 2011. "Tails of correlation mixtures of elliptical copulas," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 153-160, January.
- Dimitrova, Dimitrina S. & Kaishev, Vladimir K. & Penev, Spiridon I., 2008. "GeD spline estimation of multivariate Archimedean copulas," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(7), pages 3570-3582, March.
- Liebscher, Eckhard, 2008. "Construction of asymmetric multivariate copulas," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 99(10), pages 2234-2250, November.
- Christian Hering & Jan-Frederik Mai, 2012. "Moment-based estimation of extendible Marshall-Olkin copulas," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 75(5), pages 601-620, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hum:wpaper:sfb649dp2014-014. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RDC-Team)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.