An Extended Single Index Model with Missing Response at Random
An extended single-index model is considered when responses are missing at random. A three-step estimation procedure is developed to define an estimator for the single index parameter vector by a joint estimating equation. The proposed estimator is shown to be asymptotically normal. An iterative scheme for computing this estimator is proposed. This algorithm only involves one-dimensional nonparametric smoothers, thereby avoiding the data sparsity problem caused by high model dimensionality. Some simulation study is conducted to investigate the finite sample performances of the pro- posed estimators.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2014|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Spandauer Str. 1,10178 Berlin|
Web page: http://sfb649.wiwi.hu-berlin.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hardle, Wolfgang & Tsybakov, A. B., 1993.
"How sensitive are average derivatives?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(1-2), pages 31-48, July.
- Hardle, W. & Tsybakov, A., 1991. "How sensitive are average derivates ?," CORE Discussion Papers 1991044, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Hardle, W. & Tsybakov, A.B., 1992. "How Sensitive are Average Derivatives?," Papers 9208, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Härdle, W.K. & Tsybakov, A.B., 1992. "How sensitive are average derivatives?," Discussion Paper 1992-8, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Wang Q. & Linton O. & Hardle W., 2004. "Semiparametric Regression Analysis With Missing Response at Random," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 99, pages 334-345, January.
- Wolfgang Härdle & Oliver Linton & Wang, Qihua, 2003. "Semiparametric regression analysis with missing response at random," CeMMAP working papers CWP11/03, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Ding, Xiaobo & Wang, Qihua, 2011. "Fusion-Refinement Procedure for Dimension Reduction With Missing Response at Random," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 106(495), pages 1193-1207.
- Zonghui Hu & Dean A. Follmann & Jing Qin, 2010. "Semiparametric dimension reduction estimation for mean response with missing data," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 97(2), pages 305-319. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hum:wpaper:sfb649dp2014-003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RDC-Team)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.