Fitting high-dimensional Copulae to Data
This paper make an overview of the copula theory from a practical side. We consider different methods of copula estimation and different Goodness-of-Fit tests for model selection. In the GoF section we apply Kolmogorov-Smirnov and Cramer-von-Mises type tests and calculate power of these tests under different assumptions. Novating in this paper is that all the procedures are done in dimensions higher than two, and in comparison to other papers we consider not only simple Archimedean and Gaussian copulae but also Hierarchical Archimedean Copulae. Afterwards we provide an empirical part to support the theory.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://sfb649.wiwi.hu-berlin.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cornelia Savu & Mark Trede, 2008. "Goodness-of-fit tests for parametric families of Archimedean copulas," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 109-116.
- Christian Genest & Jean-François Quessy & Bruno Rémillard, 2006. "Goodness-of-fit Procedures for Copula Models Based on the Probability Integral Transformation," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 33(2), pages 337-366.
- Andrew J. Patton, 2004.
"On the Out-of-Sample Importance of Skewness and Asymmetric Dependence for Asset Allocation,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 2(1), pages 130-168.
- Andrew J. Patton, 2002. "On the out-of-sample importance of skewness and asymetric dependence for asset allocation," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24951, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Hennessy, David A. & Lapan, Harvey E., 2002. "Use of Archimedean Copulas to Model Portfolio Allocations, The," Staff General Research Papers 5223, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Joe, Harry, 2005. "Asymptotic efficiency of the two-stage estimation method for copula-based models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 401-419, June.
- W. Breymann & A. Dias & P. Embrechts, 2003. "Dependence structures for multivariate high-frequency data in finance," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(1), pages 1-14.
- Andrew Patton & Yanqin Fan & Xiaohong Chen, 2004.
"Simple Tests for Models of Dependence Between Multiple Financial Time Series, with Applications to U.S. Equity Returns and Exchange Rates,"
wp04-19, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
- Xiaohong Chen & Yanqin Fan & Andrew J. Patton, 2004. "Simple tests for models of dependence between multiple financial time series, with applications to U.S. equity returns and exchange rates," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24681, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Chen, Xiaohong & Fan, Yanqin, 2006. "Estimation and model selection of semiparametric copula-based multivariate dynamic models under copula misspecification," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 135(1-2), pages 125-154.
- Wei Xu & Guenther Filler & Martin Odening & Ostap Okhrin, 2010.
"On the systemic nature of weather risk,"
Agricultural Finance Review,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 70(2), pages 267-284, August.
- Guenther Filler & Martin Odening & Ostap Okhrin & Wei Xu, 2009. "On the Systemic Nature of Weather Risk," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2009-002, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Xu, Wei & Filler, Gunther & Odening, Martin & Okhrin, Ostap, 2009. "On the Systemic Nature of Weather Risk," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51426, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Xu, Wei & Filler, Gunther & Odening, Martin & Okhrin, Ostap, 2009. "On the Systemic Nature of Weather Risk," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49131, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Giacomini, Enzo & HÃ¤rdle, Wolfgang & Spokoiny, Vladimir, 2009.
"Inhomogeneous Dependence Modeling with Time-Varying Copulae,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 27(2), pages 224-234.
- Enzo Giacomini & Wolfgang Härdle & Ekaterina Ignatieva & Vladimir Spokoiny, 2006. "Inhomogeneous Dependency Modelling with Time Varying Copulae," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-075, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- repec:sae:ecolab:v:16:y:2006:i:2:p:1-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Xiaohong & Fan, Yanqin & Tsyrennikov, Viktor, 2006.
"Efficient Estimation of Semiparametric Multivariate Copula Models,"
Journal of the American Statistical Association,
American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 1228-1240, September.
- Xiaohong Chen & Yanqin Fan & Victor Tsyrennifov, 2004. "Efficient Estimation of Semiparametric Multivariate Copula Models," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0420, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Lejeune, Michel & Sarda, Pascal, 1992. "Smooth estimators of distribution and density functions," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 457-471, November.
- Markus Junker & Angelika May, 2005. "Measurement of aggregate risk with copulas," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 8(3), pages 428-454, December.
- Genest, Christian & Rivest, Louis-Paul, 1989. "A characterization of gumbel's family of extreme value distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 207-211, August.
- Lee, Tae-Hwy & Long, Xiangdong, 2009. "Copula-based multivariate GARCH model with uncorrelated dependent errors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 150(2), pages 207-218, June.
- Fermanian, Jean-David, 2005. "Goodness-of-fit tests for copulas," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 119-152, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hum:wpaper:sfb649dp2010-022. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RDC-Team)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.