Properties of Hierarchical Archimedean Copulas
In this paper we analyse the properties of hierarchical Archimedean copulas. This class is a generalisation of the Archimedean copulas and allows for general non-exchangeable dependency structures. We show that the structure of the copula can be uniquely recovered from all bivariate margins. We derive the distribution of the copula value, which is particularly useful for tests and constructing conÂ¯dence intervals. Furthermore, we analyse dependence orderings, multivariate dependence measures and extreme value copulas. Special attention we pay to the tail dependencies and derive several tail dependence indices for general hierarchical Archimedean copulas.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Spandauer Str. 1,10178 Berlin|
Web page: http://sfb649.wiwi.hu-berlin.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nikolay Nenovsky & S. Statev, 2006. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00260898, HAL.
- repec:sae:ecolab:v:16:y:2006:i:2:p:1-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Niall Whelan, 2004. "Sampling from Archimedean copulas," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(3), pages 339-352.
- Genest, Christian & Rivest, Louis-Paul, 1989. "A characterization of gumbel's family of extreme value distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 207-211, August.
- Nelsen, Roger B., 1997. "Dependence and Order in Families of Archimedean Copulas," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 111-122, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hum:wpaper:sfb649dp2009-014. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RDC-Team)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.