The Returns To Training In Russia: A Difference-In-Differences Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dave, Dhaval M. & Reichman, Nancy E. & Corman, Hope & Das, Dhiman, 2011.
"Effects of welfare reform on vocational education and training,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 1399-1415.
- Dhaval M. Dave & Nancy E. Reichman & Hope Corman & Dhiman Das, 2011. "Effects of Welfare Reform on Vocational Education and Training," NBER Working Papers 16659, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alberto Abadie & Joshua Angrist & Guido Imbens, 2002.
"Instrumental Variables Estimates of the Effect of Subsidized Training on the Quantiles of Trainee Earnings,"
Econometric Society, vol. 70(1), pages 91-117, January.
- Alberto Abadie & Joshua Angrist & Guido Imbens, 1999. "Instrumental Variables Estimates of the Effect of Subsidized Training on the Quantiles of Trainee Earnings," Working papers 99-16, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Michael Gerfin, 2003.
"Work-Related Training and Wages: An empirical analysis for male workers in Switzerland,"
dp0316, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft.
- Gerfin, Michael, 2004. "Work-Related Training and Wages: An Empirical Analysis for Male Workers in Switzerland," IZA Discussion Papers 1078, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Brunello, Giorgio, 2001. "On the Complementarity between Education and Training in Europe," IZA Discussion Papers 309, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Haisken-DeNew, John P., 2001.
"Employer learning and the returns to schooling,"
Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 161-180, May.
- Bauer, Thomas & Haisken-DeNew, John P, 2000. "Employer Learning And The Returns To Schooling," CEPR Discussion Papers 2445, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Haisken-DeNew, John P., 2000. "Employer Learning and the Returns to Schooling," IZA Discussion Papers 146, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Tan, Hong & Savchenko, Yevgeniya & Gimpelson, Vladimir & Kapelyushnikov, Rostislav & Lukyanova, Anna, 2007.
"Skills shortages and training in Russian enterprises,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
4222, The World Bank.
- Tan, Hong & Savchenko, Yevgeniya & Gimpelson, Vladimir & Kapeliushnikov, Rostislav & Lukiyanova, Anna, 2007. "Skills Shortages and Training in Russian Enterprises," IZA Discussion Papers 2751, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Goux, Dominique & Maurin, Eric, 2000. "Returns to firm-provided training: evidence from French worker-firm matched data1," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Mark C. Berger & John S. Earle & Klara Sabirianova, 2001.
"Worker Training in a Restructuring Economy: Evidence from the Russian Transition,"
Book chapters authored by Upjohn Institute researchers,in: Soloman W. Polachek (ed.), Worker Wellbeing in a Changing Labor Market, pages 159-189
W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Mark C. Berger & John S. Earle & Klara Sabirianova, 2000. "Worker Training in a Restructuring Economy: Evidence from the Russian Transition," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 331, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Berger, Mark C. & Earle, John S. & Peter, Klara Sabirianova, 2001. "Worker Training in a Restructuring Economy: Evidence from the Russian Transition," IZA Discussion Papers 361, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Battu, Harminder & Belfield, Clive R. & Sloane, Peter J., 2001. "Human Capital Spill-Overs Within the Workplace," IZA Discussion Papers 404, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Travkin, Pavel, 2014. "The impact of the on-the-job training on Russian worker’s salary: The effect of abilities approach," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 33(1), pages 51-70.
- repec:eme:rlepps:v:18:y:1999:i:1999:p:439-461 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lazareva Olga, 2006. "Firm-paid vs. worker-paid on-the-job training in Russia: Determinants and returns," EERC Working Paper Series 06-05e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Vladimir Gimpelson & Rostislav Kapeliushnikov & Anna Lukiyanova, 2010. "Stuck between Surplus and Shortage: Demand for Skills in Russian Industry," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 24(3), pages 311-332, September.
- John M. Barron & Mark C. Berger & Dan A. Black, 1999. "Do Workers Pay for On-The-Job Training?," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 34(2), pages 235-252.
- Mark A. Loewenstein & James R. Spletzer, 1999. "General and Specific Training: Evidence and Implications," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 34(4), pages 710-733.
- Bassanini, Andrea & Booth, Alison L. & Brunello, Giorgio & De Paola, Maria & Leuven, Edwin, 2005. "Workplace Training in Europe," IZA Discussion Papers 1640, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Шарунина Анна Вячеславовна, 2013. "Является Ли Российский «Бюджетник» «Неудачником»? Анализ Межсекторных Различий В Оплате Труда," Higher School of Economics Economic Journal Экономический журнал Высшей школы экономики, CyberLeninka;Федеральное государственное автономное образовательное учреждение высшего образования «Национальный исследовательский университет «Высшая школа экономики», vol. 17(1), pages 75-107.
- Gérard Ballot & Fathi Fakhfakh & Erol Taymaz, 2006. "Who Benefits from Training and R&D, the Firm or the Workers?," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 44(3), pages 473-495, September.
- Bo Hansson, 2008. "Job-Related Training and Benefits for Individuals: A Review of Evidence and Explanations," OECD Education Working Papers 19, OECD Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
Keywordsreturns to training; human capital; unobserved abilities; Russia.;
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-04-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2014-04-18 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-HRM-2014-04-18 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LAB-2014-04-18 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2014-04-18 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hig:wpaper:56/ec/2014. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamil Abdulaev) or (Victoria Elkina). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/hsecoru.html .