Closing the Skills-Jobs Gap: Russia and China Compared
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kornai, Janos, 1992. "The Socialist System: The Political Economy of Communism," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198287766.
- repec:eme:rleczz:s0147-912120170000045006 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tan, Hong & Savchenko, Yevgeniya & Gimpelson, Vladimir & Kapeliushnikov, Rostislav & Lukiyanova, Anna, 2007.
"Skills Shortages and Training in Russian Enterprises,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2751, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Tan, Hong & Savchenko, Yevgeniya & Gimpelson, Vladimir & Kapelyushnikov, Rostislav & Lukyanova, Anna, 2007. "Skills shortages and training in Russian enterprises," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4222, The World Bank.
- Yingyi Qian & Barry R. Weingast, 1996. "China's transition to markets: market-preserving federalism, chinese style," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 149-185.
- Brainerd, Elizabeth, 1998. "Winners and Losers in Russia's Economic Transition," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(5), pages 1094-1116, December.
- repec:taf:rjapxx:v:10:y:2005:i:1:p:26-55 is not listed on IDEAS
- Weingast, Barry R, 1995. "The Economic Role of Political Institutions: Market-Preserving Federalism and Economic Development," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(1), pages 1-31, April.
- Jin, Hehui & Qian, Yingyi & Weingast, Barry R., 2005.
"Regional decentralization and fiscal incentives: Federalism, Chinese style,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(9-10), pages 1719-1742, September.
- Hehui Jin & Yingyi Qian & Barry Weingast, 1999. "Regional Decentralization and Fiscal Incentives: Federalism, Chinese Style," Working Papers 99013, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:95:y:2001:i:04:p:875-893_40 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kenneth J. Arrow & William M. Capron, 1959. "Dynamic Shortages and Price Rises: The Engineer-Scientist Case," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 73(2), pages 292-308.
- Vladimir Gimpelson & Rostislav Kapeliushnikov & Anna Lukiyanova, 2010. "Stuck between Surplus and Shortage: Demand for Skills in Russian Industry," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 24(3), pages 311-332, September.
- Peter Cappelli, 2014. "Skill Gaps, Skill Shortages and Skill Mismatches: Evidence for the US," NBER Working Papers 20382, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Carnoy & Prashant Loyalka & Gregory Androushchak & Anna Proudnikova, 2012. "The Economic Returns to Higher Education in the BRIC Countries and their Implications for Higher Education Expansion," HSE Working papers WP BRP 02/EDU/2012, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Waikei R Lam & Xiaoguang Liu & Alfred Schipke, 2015. "China’s Labor Market in the “New Normal”," IMF Working Papers 15/151, International Monetary Fund.
- Müge Adalet McGowan & Dan Andrews, 2017.
"Labor Market Mismatch and Labor Productivity: Evidence from PIAAC Data,"
Research in Labor Economics,in: Skill Mismatch in Labor Markets, volume 45, pages 199-241
Emerald Publishing Ltd.
- Muge Adalet McGowan & Dan Andrews, 2015. "Labour Market Mismatch and Labour Productivity: Evidence from PIAAC Data," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1209, OECD Publishing.
More about this item
KeywordsVocational Education and Training (VET); Public-Private Partnerships; skills-jobs gap; China; Russia;
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- I25 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Education and Economic Development
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-12-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2017-12-11 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-EDU-2017-12-11 (Education)
- NEP-TRA-2017-12-11 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hig:wpaper:53/ps/2017. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamil Abdulaev) or (Victoria Elkina). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/hsecoru.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.