Collective Action Abroad: How Foreign Investors Organize Evidence from Foreign Business Associations In the Russian Federation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Weymouth, Stephen, 2012. "Firm lobbying and influence in developing countries: a multilevel approach," Business and Politics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(04), pages 1-26, December.
- Barber Benjamin & Weschle Simon & Pierskalla Jan, 2014. "Lobbying and the collective action problem: comparative evidence from enterprise surveys," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 16(2), pages 1-26, August.
- Andrei Govorun & Israel Marques & William Pyle, 2013. "The political roots of intermediated lobbying: evidence from Russian firms and business associations," HSE Working papers WP BRP 46/EC/2013, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- repec:taf:ceasxx:v:54:y:2002:i:7:p:1017-1036 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:taf:ceasxx:v:58:y:2006:i:4:p:491-521 is not listed on IDEAS
- Krueger, Anne O, 1974. "The Political Economy of the Rent-Seeking Society," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(3), pages 291-303, June.
- Bat Batjargal, 2007. "Network triads: transitivity, referral and venture capital decisions in China and Russia," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 38(6), pages 998-1012, November.
- Rodolphe Desbordes & Julien Vauday, 2007.
"The Political Influence Of Foreign Firms In Developing Countries,"
Economics and Politics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 421-451, November.
- Rodolphe Desbordes & Julien Vauday, 2007. "The Political Influence of Foreign Firms in Developing Countries," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00363192, HAL.
- Kanol, Direnç, 2015. "Social influence, competition and the act of lobbying," Business and Politics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(01), pages 75-96, April.
- William Pyle, 2011. "Organized Business, Political Competition, and Property Rights: Evidence from the Russian Federation," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(1), pages 2-31.
- Aisbett, Emma & McAusland, Carol, 2013.
"Firm characteristics and influence on government rule-making: Theory and evidence,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 214-235.
- Emma Aisbett & Carol McAusland, 2011. "Firm Characteristics and Influence on Government Rule-Making: theory and evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 649, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish N. & Srinivasan, T. N., 1982. "The welfare consequences of directly-unproductive profit-seeking (DUP) lobbying activities : Price versus quantity distortions," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1-2), pages 33-44, August.
- Doner Richard F. & Schneider Ben Ross, 2000. "Business Associations and Economic Development: Why Some Associations Contribute More Than Others," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 2(3), pages 1-29, December.
- Luo, Yadong, 2007. "From foreign investors to strategic insiders: Shifting parameters, prescriptions and paradigms for MNCs in China," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 14-34, March.
- Mahmut Yasar & Roderick M. Rejesus & Yanjing Chen & Ujjayant Chakravorty, 2011. "Political Influence of Firms in the Tradables and Non‐Tradables Sectors: A Cross‐Country Analysis," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(3), pages 297-312, November.
- Yasar, Mahmut, 2013. "Political Influence of Exporting and Import-Competing Firms: Evidence from Eastern European and Central Asian Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 154-168.
- William Pyle & Laura Solanko, 2013. "The composition and interests of Russia’s business lobbies: testing Olson’s hypothesis of the “encompassing organization”," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 155(1), pages 19-41, April.
More about this item
Keywordscollective action; business associations; lobbying;
- D71 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-02-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2016-02-04 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CDM-2016-02-04 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-CIS-2016-02-04 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-POL-2016-02-04 (Positive Political Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2016-02-04 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
- NEP-TRA-2016-02-04 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hig:wpaper:32/ps/2016. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamil Abdulaev) or (Victoria Elkina). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/hsecoru.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.