Is Conflict Contagious? Evidence from a Natural Experiment
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:wly:amposc:v:48:y:2004:i:1:p:138-151 is not listed on IDEAS
- Salehyan, Idean & Gleditsch, Kristian Skrede, 2006. "Refugees and the Spread of Civil War," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 60(02), pages 335-366, April.
- Akresh, Richard & Lucchetti, Leonardo & Thirumurthy, Harsha, 2012.
"Wars and child health: Evidence from the Eritrean–Ethiopian conflict,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 330-340.
- Richard Akresh & Leonardo Lucchetti & Harsha Thirumurthy, 2010. "Wars and Child Health: Evidence from the Eritrean-Ethiopian Conflict," HiCN Working Papers 89, Households in Conflict Network.
- Akresh, Richard & Lucchetti, Leonardo & Thirumurthy, Harsha, 2011. "Wars and Child Health: Evidence from the Eritrean-Ethiopian Conflict," IZA Discussion Papers 5558, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Gates, Scott & Hegre, Håvard & Nygård, Håvard Mokleiv & Strand, Håvard, 2012. "Development Consequences of Armed Conflict," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 1713-1722.
- Alberto Abadie & Javier Gardeazabal, 2003. "The Economic Costs of Conflict: A Case Study of the Basque Country," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(1), pages 113-132, March.
- Olaf De Groot, 2011. "Culture, Contiguity and Conflict: On the Measurement of Ethnolinguistic Effects in Spatial Spillovers," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(3), pages 436-454.
- Mansour, Hani & Rees, Daniel I., 2012. "Armed conflict and birth weight: Evidence from the al-Aqsa Intifada," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 190-199.
- Gianmarco León, 2012.
"Civil Conflict and Human Capital Accumulation: The Long-term Effects of Political Violence in Perú,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 47(4), pages 991-1022.
- Gianmarco León, 2012. "Civil conflict and human capital accumulation: The long-term effects of political violence in Perú," Economics Working Papers 1333, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Charles F. Manski, 1993.
"Identification of Endogenous Social Effects: The Reflection Problem,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 60(3), pages 531-542.
- Manski, C.F., 1991. "Identification of Endogenous Social Effects: the Reflection Problem," Working papers 9127, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- David A. Jaeger & M. Daniele Paserman, 2006.
"Israel, the Palestinian Factions, and the Cycle of Violence,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 96(2), pages 45-49, May.
- David A. Jaeger & M. Daniele Paserman, 2005. "Israel, the Palestinian Factions, and the Cycle of Violence," Working Papers 23, Department of Economics, College of William and Mary.
- Jaeger, David A. & Paserman, M. Daniele, 2006. "Israel, the Palestinian Factions, and the Cycle of Violence," IZA Discussion Papers 1923, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Jaeger, David A & Paserman, M. Daniele, 2006. "Israel, the Palestinian Factions and the Cycle of Violence," CEPR Discussion Papers 5498, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ward, Michael D. & Gleditsch, Kristian Skrede, 2002. "Location, Location, Location: An MCMC Approach to Modeling the Spatial Context of War and Peace," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(03), pages 244-260, June.
- Edward Miguel & Shanker Satyanath & Ernest Sergenti, 2004. "Economic Shocks and Civil Conflict: An Instrumental Variables Approach," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(4), pages 725-753, August.
- Nils B. Weidmann & Michael D. Ward, 2010. "Predicting Conflict in Space and Time," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 54(6), pages 883-901, December.
- Benjamin Crost & Joseph Felter & Patrick Johnston, 2014. "Aid under Fire: Development Projects and Civil Conflict," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 104(6), pages 1833-1856, June.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CDM-2015-03-13 (Collective Decision-Making)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hic:wpaper:197. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alia Aghajanian) or () The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask to update the entry or send us the correct email address or () or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.hicn.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.