Actual and perceived monetary policy rules in a dynamic general equilibrium model of the euro area
We present a dynamic general equilibrium model with some nominal rigidities and calibrate it to euro area data. The most important features of the model include consumption/saving decisions according to Blanchard’s stochastic lifetimes approach; valuation of private financial wealth according to the present value of capital income; overlapping Calvo wage contracts in the labour market; and a neoclassical supply side with Cobb-Douglas technology. The model is developed for use in analysing differences between perceived and actual monetary policy rules, which is then done as a means of evaluating the macroeconomic benefits of credibility in monetary policy. General properties of the model are analysed with a variety of simulation experiments.
|Date of creation:||12 Mar 2001|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.suomenpankki.fi/en/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Coenen, Gunter & Wieland, Volker, 2005.
"A small estimated euro area model with rational expectations and nominal rigidities,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 49(5), pages 1081-1104, July.
- Gunter Coenen & Volker Wieland, 2000. "A Small Estimated Euro-Area Model with Rational Expectations and Nominal Rigidities," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1284, Econometric Society.
- Coenen, Günter & Wieland, Volker, 2000. "A small estimated euro area model with rational expectations and nominal rigidities," Working Paper Series 0030, European Central Bank.
- Coenen, Guenter & Wieland, Volker, 2003. "A Small Estimated Euro Area Model with Rational Expectations and Nominal Rigidities," CFS Working Paper Series 2003/08, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Coenen, Günter & Wieland, Volker, 2002. "A Small Estimated Euro Area Model with Rational Expectations and Nominal Rigidities," CEPR Discussion Papers 3574, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- R. Glenn Hubbard & Anil K Kashyap & Toni M. Whited, 1993. "Internal Finance and Firm Investment," NBER Working Papers 4392, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olivier J. Blanchard, 1984.
"Debt, Deficits and Finite Horizons,"
NBER Working Papers
1389, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mattila, Veli-Matti, 1998. "Simulating the Effects of Imperfect Credibility: How Does the Peso Problem Affect the Real Economy?," Research Discussion Papers 24/1998, Bank of Finland.
- Sefton, J A & In't Veld, J W, 1999. "Consumption and Wealth: An International Comparison," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 67(4), pages 525-44, September.
- Taylor, John B., 1993. "Discretion versus policy rules in practice," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 195-214, December.
- Calvo, Guillermo A., 1983. "Staggered prices in a utility-maximizing framework," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 383-398, September.
- Fagan, Gabriel & Henry, Jerome & Mestre, Ricardo, 2005. "An area-wide model for the euro area," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 39-59, January.
- Vilmunen, Jouko, 1998. "Macroeconomic Effects of Looming Policy Shifts: Non-falsified Expectations and Peso Problems," Research Discussion Papers 13/1998, Bank of Finland.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:bofrdp:2001_003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Minna Nyman)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.