The Lithuanian block of the ESCB multi-country model
This paper presents preliminary results of modelling the Lithuanian block of the ESCB Multi-Country Model, LT_MCM. The theoretical structure of the LT_MCM is in line with most current mainstream macro models, i.e. supply factors determine the long-run equilibrium, while output is demand determined in the short run. Starting with a brief overview of the common features and main building blocks of a typical MCM country model block, we report the preliminary results of estimation of the Lithuanian MCM block. To illustrate the main characteristics of the estimated model, some standard shocks are introduced in the model and the responses studied. Compared to other MCM country blocks, we find that the Lithuanian macro model is characterised by relatively large and rapid response to shocks. Model simulation reveals that, compared to domestic prices, GDP is more responsive to shocks in the short run, while investment on average is more volatile than private consumption. The latter findings are similar to those reported for other EU country macro models.
|Date of creation:||28 Jun 2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: + 358 10 831 2268
Fax: + 358 10 831 2294
Web page: http://www.suomenpankki.fi/bofit_en/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mojon, Benoît & Kashyap, Anil K. & Angeloni, Ignazio & Terlizzese, Daniele, 2002. "Monetary Transmission in the Euro Area : Where Do We Stand?," Working Paper Series 0114, European Central Bank.
- Angelini, Elena & Boissay, Frédéric & Ciccarelli, Matteo, 2006. "The Dutch block of the ESCB multi-country model," Working Paper Series 0646, European Central Bank.
- Alpo Willman & Ángel Estrada, 2002.
"The Spanish block of the ESCB-Multi-Country model,"
Banco de Espa�a Working Papers
0212, Banco de Espa�a.
- van Els, Peter J. A. & Locarno, Alberto & Morgan, Julian & Villetelle, Jean-Pierre, 2001.
"Monetary policy transmission in the euro area: What do aggregate and national structural models tell us?,"
Working Paper Series
0094, European Central Bank.
- Peter van Els & Alberto Locarno & Julian Morgan & Jean-Pierre Villetelle, 2001. "Monetary policy transmission in the euro area: what do aggregate and national structural models tell us?," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 433, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Boissay, Frédéric & Villetelle, Jean-Pierre, 2005. "The French block of the ESCB multi-country model," Working Paper Series 0456, European Central Bank.
- Fagan, Gabriel & Henry, Jérôme & Mestre, Ricardo, 2001. "An area-wide model (AWM) for the euro area," Working Paper Series 0042, European Central Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:bofitp:2004_013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Päivi Määttä)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.