Game Dynamics and Nash Equilibria
If a game has a unique Nash equilibrium, then this equilibrium is arguably the solution of the game from the refinement's literature point of view. However, it might be that for almost all initial conditions, all strategies in the support of this equilibrium are eliminated by the replicator dynamics and the best-reply dynamics.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2012|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00756096|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- A. Gaunersdorfer & J. Hofbauer, 2010.
"Fictitious Play, Shapley Polygons and the Replicator Equation,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
438, David K. Levine.
- Gaunersdorfer Andrea & Hofbauer Josef, 1995. "Fictitious Play, Shapley Polygons, and the Replicator Equation," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 279-303, November.
- Yannick Viossat, 2011. "Deterministic monotone dynamics and dominated strategies," Working Papers hal-00636620, HAL.
- Viossat, Yannick, 2007.
"The replicator dynamics does not lead to correlated equilibria,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 397-407, May.
- Yannick Viossat, 2007. "The replicator dynamics does not lead to correlated equilibria," Post-Print hal-00664293, HAL.
- Matsui, Akihiko, 1992. "Best response dynamics and socially stable strategies," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 343-362, August.
- Sergiu Hart, 2013.
World Scientific Book Chapters,
in: Simple Adaptive Strategies From Regret-Matching to Uncoupled Dynamics, chapter 11, pages 253-287
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/1119 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/1061 is not listed on IDEAS
- Samuelson, Larry & Zhang, Jianbo, 1992. "Evolutionary stability in asymmetric games," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 363-391, August.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/1014 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yannick Viossat, 2008.
"Evolutionary Dynamics May Eliminate All Strategies Used in Correlated Equilibria,"
- Viossat, Yannick, 2008. "Evolutionary dynamics may eliminate all strategies used in correlated equilibrium," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 27-43, July.
- Viossat, Yannick, 2006. "Evolutionary dynamics may eliminate all strategies used in correlated equilibrium," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 629, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 21 Jun 2006.
- Josef Hofbauer & Sylvain Sorin & Yannick Viossat, 2009. "Time Average Replicator and Best Reply Dynamics," Post-Print hal-00360767, HAL.
- Sandholm, William H. & Hofbauer, Josef, 2011. "Survival of dominated strategies under evolutionary dynamics," Theoretical Economics, Econometric Society, vol. 6(3), September.
- L. Samuelson & J. Zhang, 2010. "Evolutionary Stability in Asymmetric Games," Levine's Working Paper Archive 453, David K. Levine.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-00756096. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.