Optimal transport and Cournot-Nash equilibria
We study a class of games with a continuum of players for which Cournot-Nash equilibria can be obtained by the minimisation of some cost, related to optimal transport. This cost is not convex in the usual sense in general but it turns out to have hidden strict convexity properties in many relevant cases. This enables us to obtain new uniqueness results and a characterisation of equilibria in terms of some partial differential equations, a simple numerical scheme in dimension one as well as an analysis of the inefficiency of equilibria.
|Date of creation:||25 Jun 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00712488|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- HART, Sergiu & HILDENBRAND, Werner & KOHLBERG, Elon, .
"On equilibrium allocations as distributions on the commodity space,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-183, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Hart, Sergiu & Hildenbrand, Werner & Kohlberg, Elon, 1974. "On equilibrium allocations as distributions on the commodity space," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 159-166, August.
- Pierre-Andre Chiappori & Robert McCann & Lars Nesheim, 2007.
"Hedonic price equilibria, stable matching, and optimal transport: equivalence, topology, and uniqueness,"
CeMMAP working papers
CWP23/07, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Pierre-André Chiappori & Robert McCann & Lars Nesheim, 2010. "Hedonic price equilibria, stable matching, and optimal transport: equivalence, topology, and uniqueness," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 317-354, February.
- Konishi, Hideo & Le Breton, Michel & Weber, Shlomo, 1997. "Pure Strategy Nash Equilibrium in a Group Formation Game with Positive Externalities," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 21(1-2), pages 161-182, October.
- Monderer, Dov & Shapley, Lloyd S., 1996. "Potential Games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 124-143, May.
- Figalli, Alessio & Kim, Young-Heon & McCann, Robert J., 2011. "When is multidimensional screening a convex program?," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 146(2), pages 454-478, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-00712488. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.