A note on super-hedging for investor-producers
We study the situation of an agent who can trade on a financial market and can also transform some assets into others by means of a production system, in order to price and hedge derivatives on produced goods. This framework is motivated by the case of an electricity producer who wants to hedge a position on the electricity spot price and can trade commodities which are inputs for his system. This extends the essential results of Bouchard & Nguyen Huu (2011) to continuous time markets. We introduce the generic concept of conditional sure profit along the idea of the no sure profit condition of Ràsonyi (2009). The condition allows one to provide a closedness property for the set of super-hedgeable claims in a very general financial setting. Using standard separation arguments, we then deduce a dual characterization of the latter and provide an application to power futures pricing.
|Date of creation:||27 Feb 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00653982|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- U. �etin & R. Jarrow & P. Protter & M. Warachka, 2006. "Pricing Options in an Extended Black Scholes Economy with Illiquidity: Theory and Empirical Evidence," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 19(2), pages 493-529.
- Paolo Guasoni & Emmanuel Lépinette & Miklós Rásonyi, 2012.
"The fundamental theorem of asset pricing under transaction costs,"
Finance and Stochastics,
Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 741-777, October.
- Guasoni, Paolo & Lépinette-Denis, Emmanuel & Rásonyi, Miklós, 2012. "The fundamental theorem of asset pricing under transaction costs," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/9300, Paris Dauphine University.
- Lépinette-Denis, Emmanuel & Kabanov, Yuri, 2012.
"Consistent Price Systems and Arbitrage Opportunities of the Second Kind in Models with Transaction Costs,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/4652, Paris Dauphine University.
- Emmanuel Denis & Yuri Kabanov, 2012. "Consistent price systems and arbitrage opportunities of the second kind in models with transaction costs," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 135-154, January.
- Julien Grépat & Yuri Kabanov, 2012. "Small transaction costs, absence of arbitrage and consistent price systems," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 357-368, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-00653982. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.