A comparison of rail liberalisation levels across four European countries
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Beria, Paolo & Quinet, Emile & de Rus, Gines & Schulz, Carola, 2012. "A comparison of rail liberalisation levels across four European countries," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 110-120.
- Beria, Paolo & Quinet, Emile & de Rus, Gines & Schulz, Carola, 2010. "A comparison of rail liberalisation levels across four European countries," MPRA Paper 29142, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alexandersson Gunnar & Hultén Staffan, 2008. "The Swedish Railway Deregulation Path," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-19, March.
- Gathon, H. -J. & Pestieau, P., 1995.
"Decomposing efficiency into its managerial and its regulatory components: The case of European railways,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 500-507, February.
- Gathon, H.-J. & Pestieau, P., 1995. "Decomposing efficiency into its managerial and its regulatory components: The case of European railways," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1133, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Pedro Cantos & José Pastor & Lorenzo Serrano, 1999. "Productivity, efficiency and technical change in the European railways: A non-parametric approach," Transportation, Springer, vol. 26(4), pages 337-357, November.
- Sánchez-Borràs, Marta & Nash, Chris & Abrantes, Pedro & López-Pita, Andrés, 2010. "Rail access charges and the competitiveness of high speed trains," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 102-109, March.
- Nash, Chris, 2008. "Passenger railway reform in the last 20 years - European experience reconsidered," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 61-70, January.
- Javier Campos, 2006. "Spain: The End of an Era," Chapters, in: José A. Gómez-Ibáñez & Ginés de Rus (ed.), Competition in the Railway Industry, chapter 5, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Guido Friebel & Marc Ivaldi & Catherine Vibes, 2010.
"Railway (De)Regulation: A European Efficiency Comparison,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 77(305), pages 77-91, January.
- Friebel, Guido & Ivaldi, Marc & Vibes, Catherine, 2003. "Railway (De) Regulation : A European Efficiency Comparison," IDEI Working Papers 221, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised 2007.
- Friebel, Guido & Ivaldi, Marc & Vibes, Catherine, 2004. "Railway (De)Regulation: A European Efficiency Comparison," CEPR Discussion Papers 4319, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Eric Monami, 2000. "European passenger rail reforms: A comparative assessment of the emerging models," Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(1), pages 91-112, January.
- Russell Pittman, 2004. "Chinese Railway Reform and Competition: Lessons from the Experience in Other Countries," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 38(2), pages 309-332, May.
- Link, Heike & Nilsson, Jan-Eric, 2005. "Infrastructure," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 49-83, January.
- Waters II, William G., 2007. "Evolution of Railroad Economics," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 11-67, January.
- Pittman, Russell, 2007. "Options for Restructuring the State-Owned Monopoly Railway," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 179-198, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ugo Arrigo & Giacomo Foggia, 2013.
"Schemes And Levels Of State Aid To Rail Industry In Europe: Evidences From A Cross-Country Comparison,"
European Journal of Business and Economics,
Central Bohemia University, vol. 8(3), pages 4101:8-4101, October.
- Arrigo, Ugo & Di Foggia, Giacomo, 2013. "Schemes and levels of state aid to rail industry in Europe: evidences from a cross-country comparison," MPRA Paper 67829, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Hergott & Florent Laroche & Patricia Perennes, 2014. "30 fiches pour comprendre les enjeux de la réforme ferroviaire," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01486732, HAL.
- Turgut Ozkan & Gozde Yanginlar & Salih Kalayci, 2016. "Railway Transport Liberalization: A Case Study of Various Countries in the World," Journal of Management and Sustainability, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 6(4), pages 140-148, December.
- Laurino, Antonio & Ramella, Francesco & Beria, Paolo, 2015. "The economic regulation of railway networks: A worldwide survey," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 202-212.
- Tomeš, Zdeněk & Kvizda, Martin & Nigrin, Tomáš & Seidenglanz, Daniel, 2014. "Competition in the railway passenger market in the Czech Republic," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 270-276.
- repec:eee:retrec:v:69:y:2018:i:c:p:187-196 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:transa:v:120:y:2019:i:c:p:261-276 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:retrec:v:69:y:2018:i:c:p:326-336 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bošković, Branislav & Bugarinović, Mirjana, 2015. "Why and how to manage the process of liberalization of a regional railway market: South-Eastern European case study," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 50-59.
- Javier Campos, 2015. "La competencia en el ferrocarril: un análisis del nuevo marco institucional en Europa y en España," Policy Papers 2015-12, FEDEA.
- Wolfgang Kerber & Julia Wendel, 2014. "Regulation of Network Sectors in the EU: A Federalist Perspective," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201422, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Álvarez-SanJaime, Óscar & Cantos-Sanchez, Pedro & Moner-Colonques, Rafael & Sempere-Monerris, Jose J., 2016.
"Rail access charges and internal competition in high speed trains,"
Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 184-195.
- Oscar ALVAREZ-SANJAIME & Pedro CANTOS-SANCHEZ & Rafael MONER-COONQUES & Jose J. SEMPERE-MONERRIS, 2016. "Rail access charges and internal competition in high speed trains," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2788, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Giovanni ESPOSITO & Julia DOLESCHEL & Tobias KALOUD & Marco MARIOTTI & Jadwiga URBAN-KOZŁOWSKA, 2017. "The European Railway Sectors: Understanding and Assessing Change," Departmental Working Papers 2017-01, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Dederke, Julian, 2014. "Bahnliberalisierung in der Europäischen Union: Die Rolle des EuGH als politischer und politisch restringierter Akteur bei der Transformation staatsnaher Sektoren," PIPE - Papers on International Political Economy 20/2014, Free University Berlin, Center for International Political Economy.
- repec:eee:jotrge:v:46:y:2015:i:c:p:189-200 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arrigo, Ugo & Di Foggia, Giacomo, 2013. "Assessing the railways subsidy in selected European countries: insights from the Italian case," MPRA Paper 67830, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mihail BUSU & Cristian BUSU, 2015. "The Liberalization Process Of The Railway Sector In Romania And Some Infringement Case Studies," Proceedings of the INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 9(1), pages 532-540, November.
- repec:eee:transa:v:113:y:2018:i:c:p:421-440 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ugo ARRIGO & Giacomo DI FOGGIA, 2014. "Theoretical And Viable Charging Models For Railway Infrastructure Access: An European Survey," Management Research and Practice, Research Centre in Public Administration and Public Services, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 6(2), pages 5-24, June.
- repec:eee:retrec:v:69:y:2018:i:c:p:300-309 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:retrec:v:72:y:2018:i:c:p:37-48 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsRailways; Liberalisation; Regulation; Europe; Italy; France; Germany; Spain;
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- L92 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Railroads and Other Surface Transportation
- R48 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Government Pricing and Policy
- P16 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Political Economy of Capitalism
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:pseose:halshs-00754578. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.