A quantitative indicator of the immigration policy's restrictiveness
The openness of the immigration policy toward developing countries is strongly debated in industrialized countries. In this paper we build an indicator of the "revealed" migration policy openness by computing the difference between the observed migration flows and the structural migration flows that depend on non-political factors of migration (economical, geographical and cultural factors). Using OECD's annual data on migrations, the indicator is built for 21 industrialized countries over the period from 1990 to 2006, allowing us to compare the restrictiveness / openness of policies between countries and over time.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Publication status:||Published in Economics Bulletin, Economics Bulletin, 2010, 30 (3), pp.1727-1736|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00521583|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Timothy J. Hatton & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2008. "Global Migration and the World Economy: Two Centuries of Policy and Performance," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262582775, January.
- Combes Motel, P. & Pirard, R. & Combes, J.-L., 2009.
"A methodology to estimate impacts of domestic policies on deforestation: Compensated Successful Efforts for "avoided deforestation" (REDD),"
Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 680-691, January.
- Romain PIRARD & Pascale COMBES MOTEL & Jean-Louis COMBES, 2008. "A methodology to estimate impacts of domestic policies on deforestation: Compensated Successful Efforts for “avoided deforestation” (REDD)," Working Papers 200805, CERDI.
- Pascale Combes Motel & Romain Pirard & Jean-Louis Combes, 2011. "A methodology to estimate impacts of domestic policies on deforestation: Compensated Successful Efforts for “avoided deforestation” (REDD)," Working Papers halshs-00556933, HAL.
- Pascale Combes Motel & Jean-Louis Combes & Romain Pirard, 2009. "A methodology to estimate impacts of domestic policies on deforestation: Compensated Successful Efforts for "Avoided Deforestation" (REDD)," Post-Print hal-00351838, HAL.