Urban income inequality in China revisited (1988–2002)
Using newly available spatial price deflators, this paper shows that inequality evaluations in the literatureoverstate the magnitude of inequality and inequality changes in China, as well as the role played by regional differences in the recent inequality rise.
|Date of creation:||11 Oct 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published, Economics Letters, 2006, 354-359|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00120375/en/|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Loren BRANDT & Carsten A HOLZ, 2005.
"Spatial Price Differences in China: Estimates and Implications,"
Development and Comp Systems
- Brandt, Loren & Holz, Carsten A, 2006. "Spatial Price Differences in China: Estimates and Implications," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55(1), pages 43-86, October.
- Loren Brandt & Carsten A. Holz, 2006. "Spatial Price Differences in China: Estimates and Implications," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55, pages 43-86.
- Loren Brandt & Carsten Holz, 2005. "Spatial Price Differences in China: Estimates and Implications," Microeconomics 0512001, EconWPA.
- Dwayne Benjamin & Loren Brandt & John Giles, 2003.
"The Evolution of Income Inequality in Rural China,"
benjamin-04-01, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00120375. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.