Un tour d'horizon des critères d'évaluation de la diversité biologique
This paper provides a review of different methods for measuring biodiversity, with an effort in making explicit their axiomatic foundations. Then, it broaches some concepts of biodiversity protection, and finally it discusses several specificities in this issue, such as the role played by spatial attributes and by threshold effects.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Revue Economie Publique, 2005, p. 3 - p. 46|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00452144|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bervoets, Sebastian & Gravel, Nicolas, 2007.
"Appraising diversity with an ordinal notion of similarity: An axiomatic approach,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 259-273, May.
- Sebastian Bervoets & Nicolas Gravel, 2003. "Appraising diversity with an ordinal notion of similarity: an Axiomatic approach," IDEP Working Papers 0308, Institut d'economie publique (IDEP), Marseille, France.
- Nicolas Gravel & Sebastian Bervoets, 2004. "Appraising Diversity with an Ordinal Notion of Similarity: An Axiomatic Approach," Working Papers 2004.45, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Prasanta K. Pattanaik & Yongsheng Xu,, .
"On Diversity and Freedom of Choice,"
97/18, University of Nottingham, School of Economics.
- Hans-Peter Weikard, 2002. "Diversity Functions and the Value of Biodiversity," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 78(1), pages 20-27.
- Andrew Metrick & Martin L. Weitzman, 1998.
"Conflicts and Choices in Biodiversity Preservation,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 12(3), pages 21-34, Summer.
- Andrew Metrick & Martin L. Weitzman, 1998. "Conflicts and Choices in Biodiversity Preservation," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1836, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Parkhurst, Gregory M. & Shogren, Jason F. & Bastian, Chris & Kivi, Paul & Donner, Jennifer & Smith, Rodney B. W., 2002. "Agglomeration bonus: an incentive mechanism to reunite fragmented habitat for biodiversity conservation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 305-328, May.
- Weitzman, Martin L., 2000.
"Economic Profitability Versus Ecological Entropy,"
3693703, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Wu, JunJie & Boggess, William G., 1999. "The Optimal Allocation of Conservation Funds," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 302-321, November.
- Nehring,K. und C.Puppe, 1999.
"A Theory of Diversity,"
Discussion Paper Serie A
605, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Pattanaik, Prasanta K. & Xu, Yongsheng, 2000. "On Ranking Opportunity Sets in Economic Environments," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 48-71, July.
- Martin L. Weitzman, 1993. "What to Preserve? An Application of Diversity Theory to Crane Conservation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(1), pages 157-183.
- Loomis, John B. & White, Douglas S., 1996. "Economic benefits of rare and endangered species: summary and meta-analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 197-206, September.
- Charles Figuières & Stéphanie Aulong & Robert Lifran, 2005.
"Negotiation Processes for the Protection of Biodiversity,"
IDEP Working Papers
0505, Institut d'economie publique (IDEP), Marseille, France, revised May 2005.
- Stéphanie Aulong & Charles Figuières & Robert Lifran, 2005. "Negotiation processes for the protection of biodiversity," Working Papers 05-08, LAMETA, Universtiy of Montpellier, revised Jan 2005.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont, 1988. "Fundamentals of Public Economics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262121271, March.
- Jones, Peter & Sugden, Robert, 1982. "Evaluating choice," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 47-65, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-00452144. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.