How Serious is the Measurement-Error Problem in a Popular Risk-Aversion Task?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John Hey & Andrea Morone & Ulrich Schmidt, 2009.
"Noise and bias in eliciting preferences,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 213-235, December.
- Hey, John Denis & Morone, Andrea & Schmidt, Ulrich, 2007. "Noise and bias in eliciting preferences," Kiel Working Papers 1386, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- John D Hey & Andrea Morone & Ulrich Schmidt, 2007. "Noise and Bias in Eliciting Preferences," Discussion Papers 07/04, Department of Economics, University of York.
- repec:ucp:jpolec:doi:10.1086/701681 is not listed on IDEAS
- Giuseppe Attanasi & Nikolaos Georgantzís & Valentina Rotondi & Daria Vigani, 2018.
"Lottery- and survey-based risk attitudes linked through a multichoice elicitation task,"
Theory and Decision,
Springer, vol. 84(3), pages 341-372, May.
- Giuseppe Attanasi & Nikolaos Georgantzís & Valentina Rotondi & Daria Vigani, 2016. "Lottery- and survey-based risk attitudes linked through a multichoice elicitation task," Working Papers of BETA 2016-24, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Giuseppe Attanasi & Nikolaos Georgantzis & Valentina Rotondi & Daria Vigani, 2018. "Lottery- and survey-based risk attitudes linked through a multichoice elicitation task," Post-Print halshs-01948205, HAL.
- Paolo Crosetto & Antonio Filippin, 2016. "A theoretical and experimental appraisal of four risk elicitation methods," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 19(3), pages 613-641, September.
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:160:y:2019:i:c:p:138-157 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arnaud Reynaud & Stéphane Couture, 2012.
"Stability of risk preference measures: results from a field experiment on French farmers,"
Theory and Decision,
Springer, vol. 73(2), pages 203-221, August.
- Arnaud Reynaud & Stephane Couture, 2010. "Stability of Risk Preference Measures: Results From a Field Experiment on French Farmers," LERNA Working Papers 10.10.316, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Couture, Stéphane & Reynaud, Arnaud, 2010. "Stability of Risk Preference Measures: Results from a Field Experiment on French Farmers," TSE Working Papers 10-151, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Charles A. Holt & Susan K. Laury, 2002. "Risk Aversion and Incentive Effects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1644-1655, December.
- Gary Charness & Thomas Garcia & Theo Offerman & Marie Villeval, 2019.
"Do measures of risk attitude in the laboratory predict behavior under risk in and outside of the laboratory?,"
- Gary Charness & Thomas Garcia & Theo Offerman & Marie Claire Villeval, 2019. "Do measures of risk attitude in the laboratory predict behavior under risk in and outside of the laboratory?," Working Papers 1921, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
- Charness, Gary & Garcia, Thomas & Offerman, Theo & Villeval, Marie Claire, 2019. "Do Measures of Risk Attitude in the Laboratory Predict Behavior under Risk in and outside of the Laboratory?," IZA Discussion Papers 12395, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Shane Frederick, 2005. "Cognitive Reflection and Decision Making," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 19(4), pages 25-42, Fall.
- repec:aea:jecper:v:32:y:2018:i:2:p:91-114 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chuang, Yating & Schechter, Laura, 2015. "Stability of experimental and survey measures of risk, time, and social preferences: A review and some new results," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 151-170.
- repec:aea:jecper:v:32:y:2018:i:2:p:155-72 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sarah Jacobson & Ragan Petrie, 2009. "Learning from mistakes: What do inconsistent choices over risk tell us?," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 143-158, April.
More about this item
KeywordsORIV; Experiments; Measurement error; Risk-aversion; Test/retest;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:cesptp:hal-02291224. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.