A Comparison of Weighted Time-Product Dummy and Time Dummy Hedonic Indexes
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark Bils, 2009. "Do Higher Prices for New Goods Reflect Quality Growth or Inflation?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 124(2), pages 637-675.
- Ivancic, Lorraine & Erwin Diewert, W. & Fox, Kevin J., 2011.
"Scanner data, time aggregation and the construction of price indexes,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 161(1), pages 24-35, March.
- Diewert, Erwin & Fox, Kevin J. & Ivancic, Lorraine, 2009. "Scanner Data, Time Aggregation and the Construction of Price Indexes," Economics working papers erwin_diewert-2009-48, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 22 Sep 2009.
- Daniel Melser & Iqbal A. Syed, 2016.
"Life Cycle Price Trends and Product Replacement: Implications for the Measurement of Inflation,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 62(3), pages 509-533, September.
- Daniel Melser & Iqbal A. Syed, 2014. "Life Cycle Price Trends and Product Replacement: Implications for the Measurement of Inflation," Discussion Papers 2014-40, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Silver, Mick & Heravi, Saeed, 2005.
"A Failure in the Measurement of Inflation: Results From a Hedonic and Matched Experiment Using Scanner Data,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 23, pages 269-281, July.
- Silver, Mick & Heravi, Saeed, 2002. "A failure in the measurement of inflation: results from a hedonic and matched experiment using scanner data," Working Paper Series 0144, European Central Bank.
- Erwin Diewert, 2005. "Weighted Country Product Dummy Variable Regressions And Index Number Formulae," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 51(4), pages 561-570, December.
- Kevin J. Fox & Daniel Melser, 2014. "Non-Linear Pricing and Price Indexes: Evidence and Implications from Scanner Data," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 60(2), pages 261-278, June.
- Summers, Robert, 1973. "International Price Comparisons Based Upon Incomplete Data," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 19(1), pages 1-16, March.
- Reinsdorf, Marshall B, 1999. "Using Scanner Data to Construct CPI Basic Component Indexes," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 17(2), pages 152-160, April.
- de Haan, Jan & van der Grient, Heymerik A., 2011. "Eliminating chain drift in price indexes based on scanner data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 161(1), pages 36-46, March.
More about this item
Keywordshedonic regression; multilateral price indexes; new and disappearing items; quality change; scanner data;
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-11-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2016-11-13 (Econometrics)
- NEP-MAC-2016-11-13 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:grz:wpaper:2016-13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael Scholz). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vgrazat.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.