Job Promotion in Mid-Career: Gender, Recession and ‘Crowding’
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Addison, John & Ozturk, Orgul & Wang, Si, 2013. "Job promotion in mid-career: gender, recession and ‘crowding’," MPRA Paper 51390, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter B. Meyer & Anastasiya M. Osborne, 2005. "Proposed Category System for 1960-2000 Census Occupations," Working Papers 383, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Anabela Carneiro & Paulo Guimaraes & Pedro Portugal, 2009.
"Real Wages and the Business Cycle: Accounting for Worker and Firm Heterogeneity,"
CEF.UP Working Papers
0903, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Anabela Carneiro & Paulo Guimarães & Pedro Portugal, 2009. "Real Wages and the Business Cycle: Accounting for Worker and Firm Heterogeneity," Working Papers w200910, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Carneiro, Anabela & Guimaraes, Paulo & Portugal, Pedro, 2009. "Real Wages and the Business Cycle: Accounting for Worker and Firm Heterogeneity," IZA Discussion Papers 4174, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Elaine Sorensen, 1990. "The Crowding Hypothesis and Comparable Worth," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 25(1), pages 55-89.
- Erica L. Groshen, 1991.
"The Structure of the Female/Male Wage Differential: Is It Who You Are, What You Do, or Where You Work?,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 26(3), pages 457-472.
- Erica L. Groshen, 1987. "The structure of the female/male wage differential: is it who you are, what you do, or where you work?," Working Paper 8708, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Marianna Kudlyak & David A. Price, 2012. "The increased role of flows between nonparticipation and unemployment during the Great Recession and recovery," Richmond Fed Economic Brief, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Jun.
- Anabela Carneiro & Paulo Guimarães & Pedro Portugal, 2012. "Real Wages and the Business Cycle: Accounting for Worker, Firm, and Job Title Heterogeneity," American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 4(2), pages 133-152, April.
- Barbara R. Bergmann, 1974. "Occupational Segregation, Wages and Profits When Employers Discriminate by Race or Sex," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 1(2), pages 103-110, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John T. Addison & Orgul Demet Ozturk & Si Wang, 2014.
"The Role of Gender in Promotion and Pay over a Career,"
Journal of Human Capital,
University of Chicago Press, pages 280-317.
- John T. Addison & Orgul D. Ozturk & Si Wang, 2014. "The Role of Gender in Promotion and Pay over a Career," GEMF Working Papers 2014-07, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- Javdani, Mohsen & McGee, Andrew, 2015. "Moving Up or Falling Behind? Gender, Promotions, and Wages in Canada," IZA Discussion Papers 9380, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sémirat, S., 2015. "Complementarity exacerbates discrimination," Working Papers 2015-12, Grenoble Applied Economics Laboratory (GAEL).
More about this item
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J62 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Job, Occupational and Intergenerational Mobility; Promotion
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-06-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2013-06-30 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2013-06-30 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2013-06-30 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-LTV-2013-06-30 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gmf:wpaper:2013-16.. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ana Seiça). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cebucpt.html .