The Cleavage Model, Ethnicity and Voter Alignment in Africa: Conceptual and Methodological Problems Revisited
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hyden, Goran & Leys, Colin, 1972. "Elections and Politics in Single-party Systems: the Case of Kenya and Tanzania," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(04), pages 389-420, October.
- Gero Erdmann, 1999. "Parteien in Afrika. Versuch eines Neuanfangs in der Parteienforschung," Africa Spectrum, Institute of African Affairs, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies, Hamburg, vol. 34(3), pages 375-393.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:66:y:1972:i:01:p:68-90_13 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:98:y:2004:i:04:p:529-545_04 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andreas Mehler, 2009. "Reshaping Political Space? The Impact of the Armed Insurgency in the Central African Republic on Political Parties and Representation," GIGA Working Paper Series 116, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Michael Bratton & Mwangi S. Kimenyi, 2008. "Voting in Kenya: Putting Ethnicity in Perspective," Working papers 2008-09, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Mwangi S. Kimenyi & Roxana Gutierrez Romero, 2008. "Identity, Grievances, and Economic Determinants of Voting in the 2007 Kenyan Elections," Working papers 2008-38, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Marianne Kneuer & Andreas Mehler & Jonas Sell, 2015. "Conference Report: Neopatrimonialism, Democracy, and Party Research: The German and International Debate – In Remembrance of Gero Erdmann (1952–2014)," Africa Spectrum, Institute of African Affairs, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies, Hamburg, vol. 50(2), pages 113-123.
More about this item
KeywordsAfrica; social cleavages; cleavage model; ethnicity; political parties; party systems;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2007-12-15 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2007-12-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2007-12-15 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-DEV-2007-12-15 (Development)
- NEP-POL-2007-12-15 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gig:wpaper:63. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bert Hoffmann) or (Howard Loewen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dueiide.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.