Sectoral Transformations in Neo-Patrimonial Rentier States: Tourism Development and State Policy in Egypt
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Adams, Richard H., 2000. "Self-targeted subsidies - the distributional impact of the Egyptian food subsidy system," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2322, The World Bank.
- Krueger, Anne O, 1990. "Government Failures in Development," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 4(3), pages 9-23, Summer.
- repec:mes:challe:v:33:y:1990:i:4:p:57-59 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tollison, Robert D, 1982. "Rent Seeking: A Survey," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 575-602.
- Balassa, Bela, 1982. "Structural adjustment policies in developing economies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 23-38, January.
More about this item
KeywordsEgypt; rentier state; economic liberalisation; economic development; tourism;
- H27 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Other Sources of Revenue
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- P26 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Political Economy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2007-12-15 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2007-12-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2007-12-15 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-TUR-2007-12-15 (Tourism Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gig:wpaper:61. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bert Hoffmann) or (Howard Loewen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dueiide.html .