The Puzzling Decline in Rural Women’s Labor Force Participation in India: A Reexamination
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wendy Olsen, 2006. "A Pluralist Account of Labour Participation in India," Economics Series Working Papers GPRG-WPS-042, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rajendra P. Mamgain & Shivakar Tiwari, 2016. "Youth in India: Challenges of Employment and Employability," Working Papers id:10547, eSocialSciences.
- Afridi, Farzana & Dinkelman, Taryn & Mahajan, Kanika, 2016. "Why Are Fewer Married Women Joining the Work Force in India? A Decomposition Analysis over Two Decades," IZA Discussion Papers 9722, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Himanshu & Kunal Sen, 2014. "Revisiting the Great Indian Poverty Debate: Measurement, Patterns, and Determinants," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 20314, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:483478 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kanjilal-Bhaduri, Sanghamitra & Pastore, Francesco, 2017. "Returns to Education and Female Participation Nexus: Evidence from India," IZA Discussion Papers 11209, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sowmya Dhanaraj & Vidya Mahambare, 2017. "Family structure, education and women’s employment in rural India," WIDER Working Paper Series 195, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- repec:ris:sphecs:0260 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rajendra P. Mamgain & Shivakar Tiwari, 2016. "Youth in India: challenges of employment and inclusion," Journal of Social and Economic Development, Springer;Institute for Social and Economic Change, vol. 18(1), pages 85-100, October.
- Kelkar, Govind., 2013. "At the threshold of economic empowerment : women, work and gender regimes in Asia," ILO Working Papers 994834783402676, International Labour Organization.
- Chatterjee,Urmila & Murgai,Rinku & Rama,Martin G., 2015. "Job opportunities along the rural-urban gradation and female labor force participation in India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7412, The World Bank.
- Mukherjee, Nandini & Ray, Jhilam, 2014. "Are Female Headed Households in Distress? Recent Evidence from Indian Labour Market," MPRA Paper 64490, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordslabor force; women; rural; India;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gig:wpaper:196. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bert Hoffmann) or (Howard Loewen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dueiide.html .