Using Catastrophe-Linked Securities to Diversify Insurance Risk: a Financial Analysis of Cat Bonds
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Henri Louberge & Evis Kellezi & Manfred Gilli, 1999. "Using Catastrophe-Linked Securities to Diversity Insurance Risk: A Financial Analysis of Cat Bonds," Journal of Insurance Issues, Western Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 22(2), pages 125-146.
References listed on IDEAS
- Benhabib, Jess, 1996. "On the political economy of immigration," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 1737-1743, December.
- Berry, R Albert & Soligo, Ronald, 1969. "Some Welfare Aspects of International Migration," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 77(5), pages 778-794, Sept./Oct.
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Massimo Mariani & Paola Amoruso, 2016. "The Effectiveness of Catastrophe Bonds in Portfolio Diversification," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(4), pages 1760-1767.
- Chang, Carolyn W. & Chang, Jack S.K. & Lu, WeLi, 2010. "Pricing catastrophe options with stochastic claim arrival intensity in claim time," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 24-32, January.
- Eckhard Platen & David Taylor, 2016.
"Loading Pricing of Catastrophe Bonds and Other Long-Dated, Insurance-Type Contracts,"
- Eckhard Platen & David Taylor, 2016. "Loading Pricing of Catastrophe Bonds and Other Long-Dated, Insurance-Type Contracts," Research Paper Series 379, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Lin, X. Sheldon & Wang, Tao, 2009. "Pricing perpetual American catastrophe put options: A penalty function approach," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 287-295, April.
- Thorsten Schmidt, 2014. "Catastrophe Insurance Modeled by Shot-Noise Processes," Risks, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(1), pages 1-22, February.
- Chang, Carolyn W. & Chang, Jack S.K. & Lu, WeiLi, 2008. "Pricing catastrophe options in discrete operational time," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 422-430, December.
- repec:pab:rmcpee:v:24:y:2018:i:1:p:340-361 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lee, Jin-Ping & Yu, Min-Teh, 2007. "Valuation of catastrophe reinsurance with catastrophe bonds," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 264-278, September.
- Ma, Zong-Gang & Ma, Chao-Qun, 2013. "Pricing catastrophe risk bonds: A mixed approximation method," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 243-254.
- Têtu Alexandre & Lai Van Son & Soumaré Issouf & Gendron Michel, 2015. "Hedging Flood Losses Using Cat Bonds," Asia-Pacific Journal of Risk and Insurance, De Gruyter, vol. 9(2), pages 149-184, July.
- Lo, Chien-Ling & Lee, Jin-Ping & Yu, Min-Teh, 2013. "Valuation of insurers’ contingent capital with counterparty risk and price endogeneity," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5025-5035.
- Lin, Shih-Kuei & Chang, Chia-Chien & Powers, Michael R., 2009. "The valuation of contingent capital with catastrophe risks," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 65-73, August.
- Braun, Alexander, 2011. "Pricing catastrophe swaps: A contingent claims approach," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 520-536.
- Henri LOUBERGE & Harris SCHLESINGER, 1999. "Optimal Catastrophe Insurance with Multiple Catastrophes," FAME Research Paper Series rp7, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
More about this item
KeywordsINVESTMENTS ; INSURANCE ; RISK;
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Investment; Capital; Intangible Capital; Capacity
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gen:geneem:99.04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.unige.ch/gsem/dsec/index.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .