The Redistributive Impact of Alternative Income Maintenance Schemes: A Microsimulation Study using Swiss Data
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ramses H. Abul Naga & Christophe Kolodziejczyk & Tobias Müller, 2008. "The Redistributive Impact Of Alternative Income Maintenance Schemes: A Microsimulation Study Using Swiss Data," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 54(2), pages 193-219, June.
- Abul Naga Ramses & Kolodziejczyk Christophe & Muller Tobias, 2007. "The Redistributive Impact of Alternative Income Maintenance Schemes: A Microsimulation Study using Swiss Data," Research Papers by the Institute of Economics and Econometrics, Geneva School of Economics and Management, University of Geneva 2007.03, Institut d'Economie et Econométrie, Université de Genève.
References listed on IDEAS
- Heim, Bradley T. & Meyer, Bruce D., 2004.
"Work costs and nonconvex preferences in the estimation of labor supply models,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(11), pages 2323-2338, September.
- Bradley T. Heim & Bruce D. Meyer, 2003. "Work Costs and Nonconvex Preferences in the Estimation of Labor Supply Models," NBER Working Papers 9429, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Russell Davidson & Jean-Yves Duclos, 1997.
"Statistical Inference for the Measurement of the Incidence of Taxes and Transfers,"
Econometric Society, vol. 65(6), pages 1453-1466, November.
- Davidson, R. & Duclos, J.Y., 1995. "Statistical Inference for the Measurement of the Incidence of Taxes and Transfers," Papers 9521, Laval - Recherche en Politique Economique.
- DAVIDSON, Russell & DUCLOS, Jean-Yves, 1995. "Statistical Inference for the Measurement of the Incidences of Taxes and Transfers," Cahiers de recherche 9521, Université Laval - Département d'économique.
- Davidson, R. & Duclos, J.Y., 1995. "Statistical Inference for the Measurement of the Incidence of Taxes and Transfers," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 95a30, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Richard Blundell & Alan Duncan & Julian McCrae & Costas Meghir, 2000. "The labour market impact of the working families’ tax credit," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 21(1), pages 75-103, March.
- Blundell, Richard & Macurdy, Thomas, 1999. "Labor supply: A review of alternative approaches," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 27, pages 1559-1695 Elsevier.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Robert A. Moffitt, 2003.
"The Negative Income Tax and the Evolution of U.S. Welfare Policy,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 17(3), pages 119-140, Summer.
- Robert A. Moffitt, 2003. "The Negative Income Tax and the Evolution of U.S. Welfare Policy," NBER Working Papers 9751, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Moffitt, Robert, 1983. "An Economic Model of Welfare Stigma," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(5), pages 1023-1035, December.
- McFadden, Daniel, 1974. "The measurement of urban travel demand," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 303-328, November.
- Blundell, Richard, 2001. "Welfare Reform for Low Income Workers," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 53(2), pages 189-214, April.
- Gerfin, Michael & Leu, Robert E., 2003.
"The Impact of In-Work Benefits on Poverty and Household Labour Supply: A Simulation Study for Switzerland,"
IZA Discussion Papers
762, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michael Gerfin & Robert E. Leu, 2003. "The Impact of In-Work Benefits on Poverty and Household Labour Supply. A simulation study for Switzerland," Diskussionsschriften dp0304, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft.
- Creedy, John & Dawkins, Peter, 2002. "Comparing Tax and Transfer Systems: How Might Incentive Effects Make a Difference?," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 78(240), pages 97-108, March.
- Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1983. "Ranking Income Distributions," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 50(197), pages 3-17, February.
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
- Duncan, Alan & Giles, Christopher, 1996. "Labour Supply Incentives and Recent Family Credit Reforms," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(434), pages 142-155, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nicholas-James Clavet & Jean-Yves Duclos & Bernard Fortin & Steeve Marchand, 2014.
"Reforming Old Age Security: Effects and Alternatives,"
Cahiers de recherche
1410, Chaire de recherche Industrielle Alliance sur les enjeux économiques des changements démographiques.
- Nicholas-James Clavet & Jean-Yves Duclos & Bernard Fortin & Steeve Marchand, 2015. "Reforming Old Age Security: Effects and Alternatives," CIRANO Working Papers 2015s-11, CIRANO.
- Mery Ferrando & Cristian Pérez Muñoz & Gonzalo Salas, 2013.
"Impuestos negativos a la renta en Uruguay: ¿una política redistributiva alternativa?,"
REVISTA DESARROLLO Y SOCIEDAD,
UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE, January.
- Mery Ferrando & Cristian Pérez & Gonzalo Salas, 2010. "Impuestos negativos a la renta en Uruguay: ¿una política redistributiva alternativa?," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 10-02, Instituto de Economía - IECON.
- Brigitte Baalen & Tobias Müller, 2014. "Social welfare effects of tax-benefit reform under endogenous participation and unemployment: an ordinal approach," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 21(2), pages 198-227, April.
More about this item
Keywordsincome maintenance; negative income tax; microsimulation; income redistribution;
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- H22 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Incidence
- H31 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Household
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-10-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2004-10-18 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2004-10-18 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gen:geneem:2004.11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.unige.ch/gsem/dsec/index.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.