Bootstrapping a Hedonic Price Index: Experience from Used Cars Data
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Michael Beer, 2007. "Bootstrapping a hedonic price index: experience from used cars data," AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis, Springer;German Statistical Society, vol. 91(1), pages 77-92, March.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jonathan Murray & Nicholas Sarantis, 1999. "Price-Quality Relations and Hedonic Price Indexes for Cars in the United Kingdom," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 5-27.
- James G. MacKinnon, 2002. "Bootstrap inference in econometrics," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 35(4), pages 615-645, November.
- Brachinger, Hans Wolfgang, 2002. "Statistical Theory of Hedonic Price Indices," DQE Working Papers 1, Department of Quantitative Economics, University of Freiburg/Fribourg Switzerland, revised Aug 2003.
- Jack Triplett, 2004. "Handbook on Hedonic Indexes and Quality Adjustments in Price Indexes: Special Application to Information Technology Products," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers 2004/9, OECD Publishing.
- Bruce Curry & Peter Morgan & Mick Silver, 2001. "Hedonic regressions: mis-specification and neural networks," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(5), pages 659-671.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brachinger, Hans Wolfgang & Beer, Michael, 2009. "The Econometric Foundations of Hedonic Elementary Price Indices," DQE Working Papers 12, Department of Quantitative Economics, University of Freiburg/Fribourg Switzerland.
- repec:eee:finlet:v:21:y:2017:i:c:p:186-189 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordshedonic regression; hedonic price indices; bootstrap methods; wild bootstrap; confidence intervals; used cars;
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- L62 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Automobiles; Other Transportation Equipment; Related Parts and Equipment
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-09-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2005-09-11 (Econometrics)
- NEP-MIC-2005-09-11 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-RES-2005-09-11 (Resource Economics)
- NEP-URE-2005-09-11 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fri:dqewps:wp0004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ivo raemy). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dqefrch.html .