Working Paper 01-13 - The impact of subsidies and fiscal incentives on corporate R&D expenditures in Belgium (2001-2009)
This paper presents the results of an initial evaluation of federal fiscal incentives in support of Research and Development (R&D) by companies in Belgium. The impact of regional subsidies and the partial exemption from advance payment for R&D personnel is estimated for the period 2001-2009. The results show that the existing measures of public support have stimulated companies to carry out additional R&D activities.
|Date of creation:||25 Jan 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Avenue des Arts, 47-49, B-1000 Bruxelles|
Phone: (32) 02/507.73.11
Fax: (32) 02/507.73.73
Web page: http://www.plan.be
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Isabel Busom & Beatriz Corchuelo & Ester Martinez Ros, 2012.
"Tax incentives and direct support for R&D: What do firms use and why?,"
wpdea1212, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- Martínez-Ros, Ester & Corchuelo, Beatriz & Busom, Isabel, 2011. "Tax incentives and direct support for R&D : what do firms use and why?," INDEM - Working Paper Business Economic Series id-11-03, Instituto para el Desarrollo Empresarial (INDEM).
- Néstor Duch-Brown & José García-Quevedo & Daniel Montolio, 2011.
"The link between public support and private R&D effort: What is the optimal subsidy?,"
XREAP2011-09, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Jun 2011.
- Néstor Duch-Brown & José García-Quevedo & Daniel Montolio, 2011. "The link between public support and private r&d effort: what is the optimal subsidy?," Working Papers 2011/12, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Almus, Matthias & Czarnitzki, Dirk, 2001.
"The effects of public R&D subsidies on firms' innovation activities: the case of Eastern Germany,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
01-10, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Almus, Matthias & Czarnitzki, Dirk, 2003. "The Effects of Public R&D Subsidies on Firms' Innovation Activities: The Case of Eastern Germany," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 21(2), pages 226-36, April.
- Czarnitzki, Dirk & Fier, Andreas, 2002. "Do Innovation Subsidies Crowd Out Private Investment? Evidence from the German Service Sector," ZEW Discussion Papers 02-04, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Xulia González & Jordi Jaumandreu & Consuelo Pazo, 2005.
"Barriers to Innovation and Subsidy Effectiveness,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 36(4), pages 930-949, Winter.
- Giovanni Cerulli & Bianca Potì, 2012.
"The differential impact of privately and publicly funded R&D on R&D investment and innovation: the Italian case,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(1), pages 113-149, March.
- Giovanni Cerulli & Bianca Potì, 2010. "The differential impact of privately and publicly funded R&D on R&D investment and innovation: The Italian case," Working Papers 10, Doctoral School of Economics, Sapienza University of Rome, revised 2010.
- DUGUET Emmanuel, 2004. "Are R&D subsidies a substitute or a complement to privately funded R&D? Evidence from France using propensity score methods for non- experimental data," Public Economics 0411007, EconWPA.
- Heckman, James, 2013.
"Sample selection bias as a specification error,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Martínez-Ros, Ester & Corchuelo, Beatriz, 2009. "The Effects of Fiscal Incentives for R & D in Spain," DEE - Working Papers. Business Economics. WB wb092302, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpb:wpaper:1301. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dominique van der Wal)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.