Working Paper 01-13 - The impact of subsidies and fiscal incentives on corporate R&D expenditures in Belgium (2001-2009)
This paper presents the results of an initial evaluation of federal fiscal incentives in support of Research and Development (R&D) by companies in Belgium. The impact of regional subsidies and the partial exemption from advance payment for R&D personnel is estimated for the period 2001-2009. The results show that the existing measures of public support have stimulated companies to carry out additional R&D activities.
|Date of creation:||25 Jan 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (32) 02/507.73.11
Fax: (32) 02/507.73.73
Web page: http://www.plan.be
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Giovanni Cerulli & Bianca Potì, 2010.
"The differential impact of privately and publicly funded R&D on R&D investment and innovation: The Italian case,"
10, Doctoral School of Economics, Sapienza University of Rome, revised 2010.
- Giovanni Cerulli & Bianca Pot�, 2012. "The differential impact of privately and publicly funded R&D on R&D investment and innovation: the Italian case," Prometheus, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(1), pages 113-149, March.
- DUGUET Emmanuel, 2004. "Are R&D subsidies a substitute or a complement to privately funded R&D? Evidence from France using propensity score methods for non- experimental data," Public Economics 0411007, EconWPA.
- Heckman, James J, 1979.
"Sample Selection Bias as a Specification Error,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(1), pages 153-61, January.
- Xulia González & Jordi Jaumandreu & Consuelo Pazó, 2001.
"Barriers to innovation and subsidy e¤ectiveness,"
0112, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
- Beatriz Corchuelo & Ester Martinez-Ros, 2009. "The Effects of Fiscal Incentives for R & D in Spain," Business Economics Working Papers wb092302, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- Isabel Busom & Beatriz Corchuelo & Ester Martínez-Ros, 2011.
"Tax incentives and direct support for R&D : what do firms use and why?,"
Business Economics Working Papers
id-11-03, Universidad Carlos III, Instituto sobre Desarrollo Empresarial (INDEM).
- Isabel Busom & Beatriz Corchuelo & Ester Martinez Ros, 2012. "Tax incentives and direct support for R&D: What do firms use and why?," Working Papers wpdea1212, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- Néstor Duch-Brown & José García-Quevedo & Daniel Montolio, 2011.
"The link between public support and private r&d effort: what is the optimal subsidy?,"
2011/12, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Néstor Duch-Brown & José García-Quevedo & Daniel Montolio, 2011. "The link between public support and private R&D effort: What is the optimal subsidy?," Working Papers XREAP2011-09, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Jun 2011.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpb:wpaper:1301. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dominique van der Wal)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.