Is increased price flexibility stabilizing? The role of the permanent income hypothesis
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||1990|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.dallasfed.org/|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mankiw, N, 1987.
"Government Purchases and Real Interest Rates,"
2624457, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Calvo, Guillermo A., 1983. "Staggered prices in a utility-maximizing framework," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 383-398, September.
- Flemming, J S, 1987. "Wage Flexibility and Employment Stability," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 39(1), pages 161-74, March.
- Robert E. Hall & Frederic S. Mishkin, 1980.
"The Sensitivity of Consumption to Transitory Income: Estimates from Panel Data on Households,"
NBER Working Papers
0505, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hall, Robert E & Mishkin, Frederic S, 1982. "The Sensitivity of Consumption to Transitory Income: Estimates from Panel Data on Households," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(2), pages 461-81, March.
- Mankiw, N Gregory & Summers, Lawrence H, 1986. "Money Demand and the Effects of Fiscal Policies," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 18(4), pages 415-29, November.
- De Long, James Bradford & Summers, Lawrence H, 1986.
"Is Increased Price Flexibility Stabilizing?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 76(5), pages 1031-44, December.
- Myers, Gordon & Scarth, William, 1990. "Is price flexibility destabilizing? : Evidence for the open economy," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3-4), pages 349-363, May.
- McCallum, Bennett T, 1980. "Rational Expectations and Macroeconomic Stabilization Policy: An Overview," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 12(4), pages 716-46, November.
- William Scarth, 1988. "Built-in Stabilizers," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 21(4), pages 747-58, November.
- Evan F. Koenig, 1990. "Real Money Balances and the Timing of Consumption: An Empirical Investigation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(2), pages 399-425.
- Hall, Robert E, 1978. "Stochastic Implications of the Life Cycle-Permanent Income Hypothesis: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(6), pages 971-87, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:feddrp:9011. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Chapman)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.