How much rural is the CAP?
In this task, research is mostly finalised to analyse how EU policies have been distributed across space. Here, the main focus is on Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) expenditure. The same territorial detail adopted in previous tasks is used (i.e., NUTS 3 level). By analysing CAP expenditure at such a territorial disaggregation level, this work has specifically concentrated on rural, agricultural and environmental policies. Actually, specific CAP measures are directly aimed at tackling those issues. CAP also accounts for a large share of overall EU funds, and it represents one of major drivers of EU spatial development. The methodology of analysis is based on the reconstruction of allocation of EU funds across EU-27 NUTS 3 regions. First, an exploratory analysis of the spatial allocation of CAP expenditure across Europe is assessed. Spatial allocation of CAP expenditure is considered by disentangling specific measures as well (e.g., Pillar One and Pillar Two expenditure, Direct Payment and Market Intervention Measures, Pillar Two’s Axes…). Both absolute expenditure levels and expenditure intensity are computed here. Then, through a simple statistical analysis, the correlation between CAP expenditure at NUTS 3 level and regional features, in terms of both rurality and agricultural activity, is assessed.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2014|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| |
|Order Information:|| Postal: WWWforEurope Project Office Austrian Institute of Economic Research Arsenal Objekt 20 A-1030 Vienna|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bertolini Paola & Montanari Marco, 2009. "Un approccio territoriale al tema della povertà in Europa: dimensione rurale e urbana," Economia & lavoro, Carocci editore, issue 1, pages 27.
- repec:fgb:ecolav:y:2009:i:1:p:27 is not listed on IDEAS
- Riccardo Crescenzi & Fabrizio De Filippis & Fabio Pierangeli, 2011.
"In tandem for cohesion? Synergies and conflicts between regional and agricultural policies of the European Union,"
LEQS – LSE 'Europe in Question' Discussion Paper Series
40, European Institute, LSE.
- Riccardo Crescenzi & Fabrizio De Filippis and Fabio Pierangeli, 2011. "In tandem for cohesion? Synergies and conflicts between regional and agricultural policies of the European Union," Europe in Question Discussion Paper Series of the London School of Economics (LEQs) 0, London School of Economics / European Institute.
- Riccardo Crescenzi & Fabrizio De Filippis & Fabio Pierangeli, 2011. "In tandem for cohesion? Synergies and conflicts between regional and agricultural policies of the European Union," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 53214, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Roberto Esposti, 2002. "Institutional Structure, Industrialization and Rural Development: An Evolutionary Interpretation of the Italian Experience," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(1), pages 3-41.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:feu:wfewop:y:2014:m:1:d:0:i:51. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.