The existence of equilibrium paths in an AK-model with endogenous time preferences and borrowing constraints
An AK-model with borrowing constraints and endogenous time preferences is considered. It is assumed that the discount factor of a household is a continuous function of its relative income. We propose a definition of an equilibrium path and prove its existence.
|Date of creation:||10 Jan 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +7 (812) 275-1130
Web page: http://www.eu.spb.ru/econ/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul M Romer, 1999.
"Increasing Returns and Long-Run Growth,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
2232, David K. Levine.
- Strulik, Holger, 2012.
"Patience and prosperity,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 147(1), pages 336-352.
- Shafer, Wayne & Sonnenschein, Hugo, 1975.
"Equilibrium in abstract economies without ordered preferences,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 345-348, December.
- Wayne Shafer & Hugo Sonnenschein, 1974. "Equilibrium in Abstract Economies Without Ordered Preferences," Discussion Papers 94, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Michael Stern, 2006. "Endogenous time preference and optimal growth," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 49-70, September.
- Jean-Pierre Drugeon, 1998. "A model with endogenously determined cycles, discounting and growth," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 349-369.
- Ken-Ichi Hirose & Shinsuke Ikeda, 2008. "On Decreasing Marginal Impatience," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 59(3), pages 259-274.
- Ingmar, SCHUMACHER, 2006.
"Endogenous Discounting via Wealth, Twin-Peaks and the Role of Technology,"
Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques)
2006059, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Schumacher, Ingmar, 2009. "Endogenous discounting via wealth, twin-peaks and the role of technology," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 103(2), pages 78-80, May.
- Ingmar Schumacher, 2009. "Endogenous discounting via wealth, Twin-Peaks and the role of technology," Working Papers hal-00356233, HAL.
- SCHUMACHER, Ingmar, 2006. "Endogenous discounting via wealth, twin-peaks and the role of technology," CORE Discussion Papers 2006104, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Fwu-Ranq Chang, 2004.
"Optimal Growth and Impatience: A Phase Diagram Analysis,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1359, CESifo Group Munich.
- Fwu-Ranq Chang, 2009. "Optimal growth and impatience: A phase diagram analysis," International Journal of Economic Theory, The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 5(2), pages 245-255.
- Erol, Selman & Le Van, Cuong & Saglam, Cagri, 2011.
"Existence, optimality and dynamics of equilibria with endogenous time preference,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 170-179, March.
- Cuong Le Van & Cagri Saglam & Selman Erol, 2011. "Existence, Optimality and Dynamics of Equilibria with Endogenous Time Preference," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00639731, HAL.
- Cuong Le Van & Cagri Saglam & Selman Erol, 2011. "Existence, Optimality and Dynamics of Equilibria with Endogenous Time Preference," Working Papers 04, Development and Policies Research Center (DEPOCEN), Vietnam.
- Chen, Been-Lon, 2003. "An inverted-U relationship between inequality and long-run growth," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 205-212, February.
- Epstein, Larry G & Hynes, J Allan, 1983. "The Rate of Time Preference and Dynamic Economic Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(4), pages 611-35, August.
- Borissov, Kirill, 2002. "Indeterminate steady-state equilibria in a one-sector model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 125-130, September.
- Kirill Borissov & Stéphane Lambrecht, 2009.
"Growth and distribution in an AK-model with endogenous impatience,"
Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 93-112, April.
- BORISSOV, Kirill & LAMBRECHT, StÃ©phane, 2007. "Growth and distribution in an AK-model with endogenous impatience," CORE Discussion Papers 2007044, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Meng, Qinglai, 2006. "Impatience and equilibrium indeterminacy," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 30(12), pages 2671-2692, December.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00639731 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eus:wpaper:ec0113. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yuriy Balagula)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.