Understanding Society Innovation Panel Wave 2: results from methodological experiments
This paper presents some preliminary findings from the Wave 2 Innovation Panel (IP2) of Understanding Society: The UK Household Longitudinal Study. Understanding Society is a major new panel survey for the UK. In April 2009, the second wave of the Innovation Panel was fielded. This paper describes the design of IP2, the experiments carried and the preliminary findings from early analysis of the data. The main design features of Understanding Society are outlined and the design and conduct of IP2 described. The results of methodological experiments carried at IP2 are reported and the impact of IP2 on the design of the main survey reviewed.
|Date of creation:||10 Nov 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: RAB Butler Building, University of Essex, Wivenhoe Park, Colchester, ESSEX C04 3SQ|
Phone: +44 (0)1206 872957
Fax: +44 (0)1206 873151
Web page: https://www.understandingsociety.ac.uk/research/publications/working-papers
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pudney, Stephen, 2010.
"An experimental analysis of the impact of survey design on measures and models of subjective wellbeing,"
ISER Working Paper Series
2010-20, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Pudney, Stephen, 2010. "An experimental analysis of the impact of survey design on measures and models of subjective wellbeing," Understanding Society Working Paper Series 2010-01, Understanding Society at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Menard, Scott & Elliot, Delbert S., 1993. "Data set comparability and short-term trends in crime and delinquency," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 433-445.
- Lynn, Peter & Uhrig, S.C. Noah & Burton, Jonathan, 2010. "Lessons from a randomised experiment with mixed-mode designs for a household panel survey," Understanding Society Working Paper Series 2010-03, Understanding Society at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Gabriella Conti & Stephen Pudney, 2011. "Survey Design and the Analysis of Satisfaction," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 93(3), pages 1087-1093, August.
- Sala, Emanuela & Lynn, Peter, 2004. "Measuring change in employment characteristics: the effects of dependent interviewing," ISER Working Paper Series 2004-26, Institute for Social and Economic Research. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ese:ukhlsp:2010-04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jonathan Nears)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.