The Dynamics of Energy Intensity Convergence in the EU-28 Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter C. B. Phillips & Donggyu Sul, 2007.
"Transition Modeling and Econometric Convergence Tests,"
Econometric Society, vol. 75(6), pages 1771-1855, November.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Donggyu Sul, 2007. "Transition Modeling and Econometric Convergence Tests," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1595, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Mohammadi, Hassan & Ram, Rati, 2017. "Convergence in energy consumption per capita across the US states, 1970–2013: An exploration through selected parametric and non-parametric methods," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 404-410.
- Chang, Ching-Chih, 2010. "A multivariate causality test of carbon dioxide emissions, energy consumption and economic growth in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(11), pages 3533-3537, November.
- repec:aen:journl:ej39-4-kempa is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:69:y:2018:i:c:p:111-127 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhang, Xing-Ping & Cheng, Xiao-Mei, 2009. "Energy consumption, carbon emissions, and economic growth in China," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(10), pages 2706-2712, August.
- Liddle, Brantley, 2009. "Electricity intensity convergence in IEA/OECD countries: Aggregate and sectoral analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 1470-1478, April.
- M. Hashem Pesaran, 2007.
"A simple panel unit root test in the presence of cross-section dependence,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(2), pages 265-312.
- Pesaran, M.H., 2003. "A Simple Panel Unit Root Test in the Presence of Cross Section Dependence," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0346, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/6801 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mishra, Vinod & Smyth, Russell, 2017.
"Conditional convergence in Australia's energy consumption at the sector level,"
Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 396-403.
- Vinod Mishra & Russell Smyth, 2016. "Conditional Convergence in Australia's Energy Consumption at the Sector Level," Monash Economics Working Papers 08-16, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Herrerias, M.J. & Cuadros, A. & Orts, V., 2013. "Energy intensity and investment ownership across Chinese provinces," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 286-298.
- Adelman, M. A., 1980. "Energy-income coefficients and ratios : Their use and abuse," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 2-4, January.
- Le Pen, Yannick & Sévi, Benoît, 2010.
"On the non-convergence of energy intensities: Evidence from a pair-wise econometric approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 641-650, January.
- Yannick LE PEN & Benoît SEVI, 2008. "On the non-convergence of energy intensities: evidence from a pair-wise econometric approach," Cahiers du CREDEN (CREDEN Working Papers) 08.12.79, CREDEN (Centre de Recherche en Economie et Droit de l'Energie), Faculty of Economics, University of Montpellier 1.
- Ezcurra, Roberto, 2007. "Is there cross-country convergence in carbon dioxide emissions?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 1363-1372, February.
- Nicholas Apergis & Christina Christou, 2016. "Energy productivity convergence: new evidence from club converging," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(2), pages 142-145, February.
- Jones, Donald W., 1991. "How urbanization affects energy-use in developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(7), pages 621-630, September.
- Farhani, Sahbi & Mrizak, Sana & Chaibi, Anissa & Rault, Christophe, 2014.
"The environmental Kuznets curve and sustainability: A panel data analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 189-198.
- Sahbi Farhani & Sana Mrizak & Anissa Chaibi & Christophe Rault, 2014. "The environmental Kuznets curve and sustainability: A panel data analysis," Working Papers 2014-300, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Sahbi Farhani & Sana Mrizak & Anissa Chaibi & Christophe Rault, 2014. "The Environmental Kuznets Curve and Sustainability: A Panel Data Analysis," CESifo Working Paper Series 4787, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:74:y:2018:i:c:p:427-440 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ghassen El-Montasser & Roula Inglesi-Lotz & Rangan Gupta, 2015.
"Convergence of greenhouse gas emissions among G7 countries,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(60), pages 6543-6552, December.
- Ghassen El Montasser & Roula Inglesi-Lotz & Rangan Gupta, 2013. "Convergence of Greenhouse Gas Emissions among G7 Countries," Working Papers 201386, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Ozcan, Burcu, 2013. "The nexus between carbon emissions, energy consumption and economic growth in Middle East countries: A panel data analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 1138-1147.
- Borozan, Djula, 2017. "Testing for convergence in electricity consumption across Croatian regions at the consumer's sectoral level," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 145-153.
- Nilsson, Lars J., 1993. "Energy intensity trends in 31 industrial and developing countries 1950–1988," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 309-322.
- Onafowora, Olugbenga A. & Owoye, Oluwole, 2014. "Bounds testing approach to analysis of the environment Kuznets curve hypothesis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 47-62.
- Ben Youssef, Adel & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Omri, Anis, 2016.
"Simultaneity modeling analysis of the environmental Kuznets curve hypothesis,"
Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 266-274.
- BEN YOUSSEF, Adel & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Omri, Anis, 2016. "Simultaneity Modeling Analysis of the Environmental Kuznets Curve Hypothesis," MPRA Paper 82609, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 07 Oct 2016.
- Christian Haas and Karol Kempa, 2018.
"Directed Technical Change and Energy Intensity Dynamics: Structural Change vs. Energy Efficiency,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4).
- Christian Haas & Karol Kempa, 2016. "Directed Technical Change and Energy Intensity Dynamics: Structural Change vs. Energy Efficiency," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201610, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Orubu, Christopher O. & Omotor, Douglason G., 2011. "Environmental quality and economic growth: Searching for environmental Kuznets curves for air and water pollutants in Africa," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 4178-4188, July.
- Parker, Steven & Liddle, Brantley, 2017. "Economy-wide and manufacturing energy productivity transition paths and club convergence for OECD and non-OECD countries," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 338-346.
- Salahuddin, Mohammad & Gow, Jeff, 2014. "Economic growth, energy consumption and CO2 emissions in Gulf Cooperation Council countries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 44-58.
- Payne, James E. & Vizek, Maruška & Lee, Junsoo, 2017. "Stochastic convergence in per capita fossil fuel consumption in U.S. states," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 382-395.
- Sinton, Jonathan E. & Levine, Mark D., 1994. "Changing energy intensity in Chinese industry : The relatively importance of structural shift and intensity change," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 239-255, March.
- Markandya, Anil & Pedroso-Galinato, Suzette & Streimikiene, Dalia, 2006. "Energy intensity in transition economies: Is there convergence towards the EU average?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 121-145, January.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy Intensity; Convergence Test; European Union;
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- O5 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies
- Q52 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Pollution Control Adoption and Costs; Distributional Effects; Employment Effects
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2018-12-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2018-12-10 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-REG-2018-12-10 (Regulation)
- NEP-TRA-2018-12-10 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:emu:wpaper:15-37.pdf. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mehmet Balcilar). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deemuty.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.