A Robust Entropy-Based Test of Asymmetry for Discrete and Continuous Processes
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Esfandiar Maasoumi & Jeffrey Racine, 2009. "A Robust Entropy-Based Test of Asymmetry for Discrete and Continuous Processes," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(1-3), pages 246-261.
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter Hall & Jeff Racine & Qi Li, 2004. "Cross-Validation and the Estimation of Conditional Probability Densities," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 99, pages 1015-1026, December.
- P. M. Robinson, 1991. "Consistent Nonparametric Entropy-Based Testing," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(3), pages 437-453.
- Wesley Clair Mitchell, 1927. "Business Cycles: The Problem and Its Setting," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number mitc27-1, July.
- C. W. Granger & E. Maasoumi & J. Racine, 2004. "A Dependence Metric for Possibly Nonlinear Processes," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(5), pages 649-669, September.
- Russell Davidson & James MacKinnon, 2000. "Bootstrap tests: how many bootstraps?," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 55-68.
- Belaire-Franch Jorge & Peiro Amado, 2003. "Conditional and Unconditional Asymmetry in U.S. Macroeconomic Time Series," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-19, April.
- McQueen, Grant & Thorley, Steven, 1993. "Asymmetric business cycle turning points," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 341-362, June.
- Jushan Bai & Serena Ng, 2005.
"Tests for Skewness, Kurtosis, and Normality for Time Series Data,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 23, pages 49-60, January.
- Jushan Bai & Serena Ng, 2001. "Tests for Skewness, Kurtosis, and Normality for Time Series Data," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 501, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Bai, Jushan & Ng, Serena, 2001. "A consistent test for conditional symmetry in time series models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 103(1-2), pages 225-258, July.
- Gamini Premaratne, 2005. "A Test for Symmetry with Leptokurtic Financial Data," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 3(2), pages 169-187.
- Dimitris Politis & Halbert White, 2004. "Automatic Block-Length Selection for the Dependent Bootstrap," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(1), pages 53-70.
- Dagum, Estela Bee & Giannerini, Simone, 2006. "A critical investigation on detrending procedures for non-linear processes," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 175-191, March.
- Nelson, Charles R. & Plosser, Charles I., 1982. "Trends and random walks in macroeconmic time series : Some evidence and implications," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 139-162.
- Wesley Clair Mitchell, 1927. "Introductory pages to "Business Cycles: The Problem and Its Setting"," NBER Chapters,in: Business Cycles: The Problem and Its Setting, pages -23 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Renée Fry-McKibbin & Cody Yu-Ling Hsiao & Vance L. Martin, 2018. "Measuring financial interdependence in asset returns with an application to euro zone equities," CAMA Working Papers 2018-05, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- David E. Allen & Michael McAleer & Robert Powell & Abhay K. Singh, 2013.
"A Non-Parametric and Entropy Based Analysis of the Relationship between the VIX and S&P 500,"
Journal of Risk and Financial Management,
MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(1), pages 1-25, October.
- D.E. Allen & A. Kramadibrata & M. McAleer & R. Powell & A. K. Singh, 2012. "A non-parametric and entropy based analysis of the relationship between the VIX and S&P500," KIER Working Papers 827, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- David E. Allen & Michael McAleer & Robert Powell & Abhay K. Singh, 2013. "A Non-Parametric and Entropy Based Analysis of the Relationship between the VIX and S&P 500," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-018/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- D.E. Allen & A. Kramadibrata & Michael McAleer & R. Powell & A. K. Singh, 2012. "A non-parametric and entropy based analysis of the relationship between the VIX and S&P500," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2012-19, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Simone Giannerini & Eefandiar Maasoumi & Estela Bee Dagum, 2013. "Entropy Testing for Nonlinearity in Time Series," Emory Economics 1307, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Popp, Stephan, 2009. "Can the electricity market be characterised by asymmetric behaviour?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4364-4372, November.
- Rafael Salas & Juan Rodríguez, 2013. "Popular support for social evaluation functions," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 40(4), pages 985-1014, April.
- Yoon, Gawon, 2010. "Do real exchange rates really follow threshold autoregressive or exponential smooth transition autoregressive models?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 605-612, March.
- Fang, Ying & Li, Qi & Wu, Ximing & Zhang, Daiqiang, 2015. "A data-driven smooth test of symmetry," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 188(2), pages 490-501.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:emo:wp2003:0806. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sue Mialon). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deemous.html .