Efficient Horizontal Mergers: The Effects of Internal Capital Reallocation and Organizational Form
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Mialon, Sue H., 2008. "Efficient horizontal mergers: The effects of internal capital reallocation and organizational form," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 861-877, July.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ziss, Steffen, 2001. "Horizontal mergers and delegation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 471-492, March.
- Tan, Guofu & Yuan, Lasheng, 2003. "Strategic incentives of divestitures of competing conglomerates," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 673-697, May.
- W. Salant, Stephen & Shaffer, Greg, 1998.
"Optimal asymmetric strategies in research joint ventures,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 195-208, March.
- Salant, S.W. & Shaffer, G., 1997. "Optimal Asymmetric Strategies in Research Joint Ventures," Papers 97-06, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Fauli-Oller, Ramon & Giralt, Magdalena, 1995. "Competition and Cooperation within a Multidivisional Firm," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(1), pages 77-99, March.
- Stephen W. Salant & Sheldon Switzer & Robert J. Reynolds, 1983. "Losses From Horizontal Merger: The Effects of an Exogenous Change in Industry Structure on Cournot-Nash Equilibrium," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(2), pages 185-199.
- Baye, Michael R & Crocker, Keith J & Ju, Jiandong, 1996. "Divisionalization, Franchising, and Divestiture Incentives in Oligopoly," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 223-236, March.
- Mihkel M. Tombak, 2002. "Mergers to Monopoly," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(3), pages 513-546, September.
- Ziss, Steffen, 2007. "Hierarchies, intra-firm competition and mergers," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 237-260, April.
- Perry, Martin K & Porter, Robert H, 1985. "Oligopoly and the Incentive for Horizontal Merger," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(1), pages 219-227, March.
- Bergstrom, Theodore C. & Varian, Hal R., 1985. "Two remarks on Cournot equilibria," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 5-8.
- Anthony Creane & Carl Davidson, 2004. "Multidivisional firms, internal competition, and the merger paradox," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 37(4), pages 951-977, November.
- Lang, Larry H P & Stulz, Rene M, 1994.
"Tobin's q, Corporate Diversification, and Firm Performance,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(6), pages 1248-1280, December.
- Larry H.P. Lang & Rene M. Stulz, 1993. "Tobin's Q, Corporate Diversification and Firm Performance," NBER Working Papers 4376, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gonzalez-Maestre, Miguel & Lopez-Cunat, Javier, 2001. "Delegation and mergers in oligopoly," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(8), pages 1263-1279, September.
- Greg Shaffer & Stephen W. Salant, 1999. "Unequal Treatment of Identical Agents in Cournot Equilibrium," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 585-604, June.
- Theodore C. Bergstrom & Hal R. Varian, 1985. "When Are Nash Equilibria Independent of the Distribution of Agents' Characteristics?," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(4), pages 715-718.
- Joseph Farrell & Carl Shapiro, 1990. "Asset Ownership and Market Structure in Oligopoly," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 21(2), pages 275-292, Summer.
- McAfee, R Preston & Williams, Michael A, 1992. "Horizontal Mergers and Antitrust Policy," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(2), pages 181-187, June.
- Morton I. Kamien & Israel Zang, 1990. "The Limits of Monopolization Through Acquisition," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(2), pages 465-499.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Amir, Rabah & Diamantoudi, Effrosyni & Xue, Licun, 2009.
"Merger performance under uncertain efficiency gains,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 264-273, March.
- AMIR, Rabah & DIAMANTOUDI, Effrosyni & XUE, Licun, 2003. "Merger performance under uncertain efficiency gains," CORE Discussion Papers 2003038, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- AMIR, Rabah & DIAMANTOUDI, Effrosyni & XUE, Licun, 2008. "Merger Performance under Uncertain Efficiency Gains," Cahiers de recherche 09-2008, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Rabah Amir & Effrosyni Diamantoudi & Licun Xue, 2006. "Merger Performance Under Uncertain Efficiency Gains," Departmental Working Papers 2005-07, McGill University, Department of Economics.
- Licun Xue & Rabah Amir & Effrosyni Diamantoudi, 2004. "Merger Performance under Uncertain Efficiency Gains," Working Papers 2004.79, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Han, Aiping & Ge, Jianping & Lei, Yalin, 2016. "Vertical vs. horizontal integration: Game analysis for the rare earth industrial integration in China," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 149-159.
- Sue H. Mialon, 2014.
"Product Bundling And Incentives For Mergers And Strategic Alliances,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 52(2), pages 562-575, April.
- Sue Mialon, 2009. "Product-bundling and Incentives for Merger and Strategic Alliance," Emory Economics 0907, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Heywood, John S. & McGinty, Matthew, 2011. "Cross-border mergers in a mixed oligopoly," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 382-389.
- Thomas Giebe & Miyu Lee, 2015. "Competitors In Merger Control: Shall They Be Merely Heard Or Also Listened To?," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2015-011, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Jie Wu & Qingyuan Zhu & Wade D Cook & Joe Zhu, 2016. "Best cooperative partner selection and input resource reallocation using DEA," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 67(9), pages 1221-1237, September.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-10-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2005-10-15 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-FMK-2005-10-15 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-IND-2005-10-15 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-MIC-2005-10-15 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:emo:wp2003:0522. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sue Mialon). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deemous.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.