Discontinuous Extraction of a Nonrenewable Resource
This paper examines the optimal extraction sequence of nonrenewable resources in the presence of multiple demands. We provide conditions under which extraction of a nonrenewable resource may be discontinuous over the course of its depletion.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://economics.emory.edu/home/journals/Email: |
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Amigues, Jean-Pierre & Favard, Pascal & Gaudet, Gerard & Moreaux, Michel, 1998.
"On the Optimal Order of Natural Resource Use When the Capacity of the Inexhaustible Substitute Is Limited,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 153-170, May.
- Amigues, J.-P. & Favard, P. & Gaudet, G. & Moreaux, M., 1996. "On The Optimal Order of Natural Resourse Use When the Capacity of the Inexhaustible Substitute is Limited," Papers 96.431, Toulouse - GREMAQ.
- Amigues, J-P & Favard, P & Gaudet, G & Moreaux, M, 1996. "On the Optimal Order of Natural Resource Use When the Capacity of the Inexhaustible Substitute is Limited," Cahiers de recherche 9628, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Amigues, J-P & Favard, P.author-name: Gaudet, G. & Moreaux, M, 1996. "On the Optimal Order of Natural Resource Use When the Capacity of the Inexhaustible Substitute is Limited," Cahiers de recherche 9628, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Chakravorty, Ujjayant & Krulce, Darrell & Roumasset, James, 2005.
"Specialization and non-renewable resources: Ricardo meets Ricardo,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 29(9), pages 1517-1545, September.
- Ujjayant Chakravorty & Darrell Krulce & James Roumasset, 2004. "Specialization and Nonrenewable Resources: Ricardo Meets Ricardo," Working Papers 200401, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Ujjayant Chakravorty & Darrell Krulce & James Roumasset, 2003. "Specialization and Nonrenewable Resources: Ricardo Meets Ricardo," Emory Economics 0305, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Gerard Gaudet & Michel Moreaux & Stephen W. Salant, 2001. "Intertemporal Depletion of Resource Sites by Spatially Distributed Users," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(4), pages 1149-1159, September.
- Kemp, Murray C & Long, Ngo Van, 1980. "On Two Folk Theorems Concerning the Extraction of Exhaustible Resources," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(3), pages 663-73, April.
- Chakravorty, Ujjayant & Krulce, Darrell L, 1994. "Heterogeneous Demand and Order of Resource Extraction," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(6), pages 1445-52, November.
- Lewis, Tracy R, 1982. "Sufficient Conditions for Extracting Least Cost Resource First," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 1081-83, July.
- Robert M. Solow & Frederic Y. Wan, 1976. "Extraction Costs in the Theory of Exhaustible Resources," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 7(2), pages 359-370, Autumn.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:emo:wp2003:0406. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sue Mialon)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.