Interest-free and Interest-bearing Money Demand: Policy Invariance and Stability
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Engle, Robert F. & Hendry, David F., 1993.
"Testing superexogeneity and invariance in regression models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(1-2), pages 119-139, March.
- Engle, R. & Hendry, D., 1990. "Testing Super Exogeneity And Invariance In Regression Models," Economics Series Working Papers 99100, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Psaradakis, Zacharias & Sola, Martin, 1996.
"On the power of tests for superexogeneity and structural invariance,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(1-2), pages 151-175.
- Z. Psaradakis & M. Solá, 1993. "On the power of tests for superexogeneity and structural invariance," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 0993, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Ericsson, Neil R & Hendry, David F & Prestwich, Kevin M, 1998.
" The Demand for Broad Money in the United Kingdom, 1878-1993,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 100(1), pages 289-324, March.
- Neil R. Ericsson & David F. Hendry & Kevin M. Prestwich, 1997. "The demand for broad money in the United Kingdom, 1878-1993," International Finance Discussion Papers 596, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Shigeyuki Hamori & Akira Tokihisa, 2001. "Seasonal cointegration and the money demand function: some evidence from Japan," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(5), pages 305-310.
- Metin, Kivilcim, 1998. "The Relationship between Inflation and the Budget Deficit in Turkey," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 16(4), pages 412-422, October.
- Antti Ripatti, 1998.
"Stability of the demand for M1 and harmonized M3 in Finland,"
Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 317-337.
- Ripatti, Antti, 1996. "Stability of the demand for M1 and harmonized M3 in Finland," Research Discussion Papers 18/1996, Bank of Finland.
- Hendry, David F & Ericsson, Neil R, 1991. "An Econometric Analysis of U.K. Money Demand in 'Monetary Trends in the United States and the United Kingdom' by Milton Friedman and Anna Schwartz," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(1), pages 8-38, March.
- Ball, Laurence, 2001. "Another look at long-run money demand," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 31-44, February.
- Stock, James H & Watson, Mark W, 1993.
"A Simple Estimator of Cointegrating Vectors in Higher Order Integrated Systems,"
Econometric Society, vol. 61(4), pages 783-820, July.
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 1991. "A simple estimator of cointegrating vectors in higher order integrated systems," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 91-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Bohl, Martin T., 2000. "German monetary unification and the stability of the German M3 money demand function," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 203-208, February.
- Muscatelli, V. Anton & Spinelli, Franco, 2000. "The long-run stability of the demand for money: Italy 1861-1996," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 717-739, June.
- Hansen, Bruce E., 1992.
"Testing for parameter instability in linear models,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 517-533, August.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "STABTEST: RATS procedure to perform Hansen's stability test for OLS," Statistical Software Components RTS00199, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Likelihood-Based Inference in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774501.
- Michel Peytrignet & Christof Stahel, 1998. "Stability of money demand in Switzerland: A comparison of the M2 and M3 cases," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 437-454.
- Godfrey, Leslie G, 1978. "Testing against General Autoregressive and Moving Average Error Models When the Regressors Include Lagged Dependent Variables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1293-1301, November.
- Lieberman, Charles, 1980. "The Long-Run and Short-Run Demand for Money, Revisited," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 12(1), pages 43-57, February.
- Mahmood Yousefi & Sohrab Abizadeh & Ken McCormick, 1997. "Monetary stability and interest-free banking: the case of Iran," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(7), pages 869-876.
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen, 1996. "The black market exchange rate and demand for money in Iran," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 171-176.
- Adrian Pagan, 1986.
"Two Stage and Related Estimators and Their Applications,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 53(4), pages 517-538.
- Adrian Pagan, 1985. "Two Stage and Related Estimators and Their Applications," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 741, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong & Lai, Kon S, 1993. "Finite-Sample Sizes of Johansen's Likelihood Ration Tests for Conintegration," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 55(3), pages 313-328, August.
- Chen, Baizhu, 1997. "Long-Run Money Demand and Inflation in China," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 609-617, July.
- Johansen, Soren, 1992.
"Testing weak exogeneity and the order of cointegration in UK money demand data,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 313-334, June.
- Johansen, S., 1991. "Testing Weak Exogeneity and the Order of Cointegration in UK Money Demand Data," Papers 78, Helsinki - Department of Economics.
- Grayham E. Mizon & David F. Hendry, 1998. "Exogeneity, causality, and co-breaking in economic policy analysis of a small econometric model of money in the UK," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 267-294.
- Claudia Buch, 2001. "Money demand in Hungary and Poland," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(8), pages 989-999.
- Pagan, Adrian, 1984. "Econometric Issues in the Analysis of Regressions with Generated Regressors," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 25(1), pages 221-247, February.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
- Hurn, A S & Muscatelli, V A, 1992. "Testing Superexogeneity: The Demand for Broad Money in the UK," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 54(4), pages 543-556, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:emo:wp2003:0107. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sue Mialon). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deemous.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.