Evolution of Cooperation in the Snowdrift Game with Incomplete Information and Heterogeneous Population
Differently from previous studies of tag-based cooperation, we assume that individuals fail to recognize their own tag. Due to such incomplete information, the action taken against the opponent cannot be based on similarity, although it is still motivated by the tag displayed by the opponent. We present stability conditions for the case when individuals play unconditional cooperation, unconditional defection or conditional cooperation. We then consider the removal of one or two strategies. Results show that conditional cooperators are the most resilient agents against extinction and that the removal of unconditional cooperators may lead to the extinction of unconditional defectors.
|Date of creation:||19 Sep 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.ehu.es/fundamentosI/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Dpto. de Fundamentos del Análisis Económico I, Facultad de CC. Económicas y Empresariales, Universidad del País Vasco, Avda. Lehendakari Aguirre 83, 48015 Bilbao, Spain|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- A. Traulsen, 2008. "Mechanisms for similarity based cooperation," The European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer, vol. 63(3), pages 363-371, 06.
- Xu, C. & Ji, M. & Yap, Yee Jiun & Zheng, Da-Fang & Hui, P.M., 2011. "Costly punishment and cooperation in the evolutionary snowdrift game," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(9), pages 1607-1614.
- Zuazo Garín, Peio & Rocha, André Barreira da Silva & Laruelle, Annick, 2011.
"Replicator Dynamics and Evolutionary Stable Strategies in Heterogeneous Games,"
2011-57, Universidad del País Vasco - Departamento de Fundamentos del Análisis Económico I.
- André Barreira da Silva Rocha & Annick Laruelle & Peio Zuazo, 2012. "Replicator Dynamics and Evolutionary Stable Strategies in Heterogeneous Games," Discussion Papers in Economics 11/54, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Daniel Friedman, 1998.
"On economic applications of evolutionary game theory,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 15-43.
- Daniel Friedman, 2010. "On Economic Applications of Evolutionary Game Theory," Levine's Working Paper Archive 53, David K. Levine.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ehu:ikerla:201262. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alcira Macías Redondo)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.