Forecasting accuracy of behavioural models for participation in the arts
A first version of this paper was presented at the University of Catania, 2011 and at the fifth European Workshop on Applied Cultural Economics in Dublin, 2011.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.dfaeii.ehu.es
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Dpto. de Fundamentos del Análisis Económico II, = Facultad de CC. Económicas y Empresariales, Universidad del País Vasco, Avda. Lehendakari Aguirre 83, 48015 Bilbao, Spain|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Francesca Borgonovi, 2004. "Performing arts attendance: an economic approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(17), pages 1871-1885.
- Charles B. Weinberg, 1986. "Arts Plan: Implementation, Evolution, and Usage," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 5(2), pages 143-158.
- Jones, D.F. & Collins, A. & Hand, C., 2007. "A classification model based on goal programming with non-standard preference functions with application to the prediction of cinema-going behaviour," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 177(1), pages 515-524, February.
- Alan Collins & Chris Hand & Andrew Ryder, 2005. "The lure of the multiplex? The interplay of time, distance, and cinema attendance," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 37(3), pages 483-501, March.
- K. Willis & J. Snowball & C. Wymer & José Grisolía, 2012. "A count data travel cost model of theatre demand using aggregate theatre booking data," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 91-112, May.
- VÍctor Blanco & JosÉ BaÑos Pino, 1997. "Cinema Demand in Spain: A Cointegration Analysis," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 57-75, March.
- Charles B. Weinberg & Kenneth M. Shachmut, 1978. "ARTS PLAN: A Model Based System for Use in Planning a Performing Arts Series," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(6), pages 654-664, February.
- Fernandez-Blanco, Victor & Orea, Luis & Prieto-Rodriguez, Juan, 2009. "Analyzing consumers heterogeneity and self-reported tastes: An approach consistent with the consumer's decision making process," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 622-633, August.
- Chris Hand & Guy Judge, 2012. "Searching for the picture: forecasting UK cinema admissions using Google Trends data," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(11), pages 1051-1055, July.
- Andreasen, Alan R & Belk, Russell W, 1980. " Predictors of Attendance at the Performing Arts," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 7(2), pages 112-20, Se.
- Victoria Ateca-Amestoy, 2008. "Determining heterogeneous behavior for theater attendance," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 127-151, June.
- Juan Prieto-Rodriguez & Desiderio Romero-Jordán & José Felix Sanz-Sanz, 2005. "Is a tax cut on cultural goods consumption actually desirable? A microsimulation analysis applied to Spain," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 26(4), pages 549-575, December.
- R. Winkler & Javier Muñoz & José Cervera & José Bernardo & Gail Blattenberger & Joseph Kadane & Dennis Lindley & Allan Murphy & Robert Oliver & David Ríos-Insua, 1996. "Scoring rules and the evaluation of probabilities," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 1-60, June.
- Juan Nicolau, 2010. "Culture-sensitive tourists are more price insensitive," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 181-195, August.
- Lessmann, Stefan & Sung, Ming-Chien & Johnson, Johnnie E.V. & Ma, Tiejun, 2012. "A new methodology for generating and combining statistical forecasting models to enhance competitive event prediction," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 218(1), pages 163-174.
- Daniel S. Putler & Shilpa Lele, 2003. "An Easily Implemented Framework for Forecasting Ticket Sales to Performing Arts Events," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 307-320, December.
- José Grisolía & Kenneth Willis, 2012. "A latent class model of theatre demand," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 113-139, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ehu:dfaeii:201201. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alcira Macías Redondo)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.