Dynamic Inefficiency in an Overlapping Generation Economy with Pollution and Health Costs
Revised 2008-08.-- Published as an article in: Journal of Public Economic Theory (2008), 10(4), 563-594.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Avenida Lehendakari Aguirre, 83, 48015 Bilbao|
Web page: http://www.dfaeii.ehu.es
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Dpto. de Fundamentos del Análisis Económico II, = Facultad de CC. Económicas y Empresariales, Universidad del País Vasco, Avda. Lehendakari Aguirre 83, 48015 Bilbao, Spain|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chao, Hung-po & Peck, Stephen, 2000. "Greenhouse gas abatement: How much? and Who pays?," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 1-20, January.
- Altonji, Joseph G & Hayashi, Fumio & Kotlikoff, Laurence J, 1992.
"Is the Extended Family Altruistically Linked? Direct Tests Using Micro Data,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 82(5), pages 1177-98, December.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Fumio Hayashi & Laurence J. Kotlikoff, 1989. "Is the Extended Family Altruistically Linked? Direct Tests Using Micro Data," NBER Working Papers 3046, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grimaud, Andre, 1999. "Pollution Permits and Sustainable Growth in a Schumpeterian Model," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 249-266, November.
- Ono, Tetsuo, 1996. "Optimal tax schemes and the environmental externality," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 283-289, December.
- Jouvet, P.-A. & Michel, P. & Vidal, J.-P., 1999.
"Intergenerational Altruism and the Environment,"
99a03, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Burmeister,Edwin, 1980. "Capital Theory and Dynamics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521297035, November.
- Gangadharan, Lata & Valenzuela, Ma. Rebecca, 2001.
"Interrelationships between income, health and the environment: extending the Environmental Kuznets Curve hypothesis,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 513-531, March.
- Gangagharan, L. & Valenzuela, M.R., 2000. "Interrelationships between Income, Health and the Environment: Extending the Environmental Kuznets Curve Hypothesis," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 740, The University of Melbourne.
- Reis, Ana Balcao, 2001. "Endogenous Growth and the Possibility of Eliminating Pollution," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 360-373, November.
- John, A & Pecchenino, R, 1994. "An Overlapping Generations Model of Growth and the Environment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(427), pages 1393-1410, November.
- Williams, Roberton III, 2002.
"Environmental Tax Interactions when Pollution Affects Health or Productivity,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 261-270, September.
- Roberton C. Williams, 2000. "Environmental Tax Interactions When Pollution Affects Health or Productivity," NBER Working Papers 8049, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ono, Tetsuo & Maeda, Yasuo, 2002.
"Sustainable development in an aging economy,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(01), pages 9-22, February.
- Solow, Robert M, 1986. " On the Intergenerational Allocation of Natural Resources," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(1), pages 141-49.
- Tetsuo Ono & Yasuo Maeda, 2001. "Is Aging Harmful to the Environment?," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 20(2), pages 113-127, October.
- Edmond S. Phelps, 1964. "Second Essay on the Golden Rule of Accumulation," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 173, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Alberini, Anna & Cropper, Maureen & Fu, Tsu-Tan & Krupnick, Alan & Liu, Jin-Tan & Shaw, Daigee & Harrington, Winston, 1997. "Valuing Health Effects of Air Pollution in Developing Countries: The Case of Taiwan," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 107-126, October.
- Quah, Euston & Boon, Tay Liam, 2003. "The economic cost of particulate air pollution on health in Singapore," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 73-90, February.
- Howarth, Richard B, 1998. " An Overlapping Generations Model of Climate-Economy Interactions," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 100(3), pages 575-91, September.
- Bovenberg, A. Lans & Heijdra, Ben J., 1998. "Environmental tax policy and intergenerational distribution," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Boyce, James K. & Klemer, Andrew R. & Templet, Paul H. & Willis, Cleve E., 1999. "Power distribution, the environment, and public health: A state-level analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 127-140, April.
- John, A. & Pecchenino, R. & Schimmelpfennig, D. & Schreft, S., 1995. "Short-lived agents and the long-lived environment," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 127-141, September.
- Guruswamy Babu, P. & Kavi Kumar, K. S. & Murthy, N. S., 1997. "An overlapping generations model with exhaustible resources and stock pollution," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 35-43, April.
- Howarth, Richard B & Norgaard, Richard B, 1992. "Environmental Valuation under Sustainable Development," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 473-77, May.
- Padilla, Emilio, 2002. "Intergenerational equity and sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 69-83, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ehu:dfaeii:200223. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alcira Macías Redondo)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.