Two-Stage Nonparametric Regression for Longitudinal Data
In the analysis of longitudinal data it is of main interest to investigate the existence of group and individual effects under correlated observations across time. In this paper, we develop a nonparametric two-step procedure that enables us to estimate group effects under a very general form of correlation across time. Moreover, we propose several methods to estimate the bandwidth and show their asymptotyc optimality. Since the asymptotic distribution is untractable, we develop a randomization test that is suitable for testing the group effects. Finally, we apply the estimation procedure, the bandwidth selection criteria and the randomization test to the data from the Iowa Cochlear Implant Project.
|Date of creation:||Jan 1999|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Avda. Lehendakari, Aguirre, 83, 48015 Bilbao|
Phone: + 34 94 601 3740
Fax: + 34 94 601 4935
Web page: http://www.ea3.ehu.es
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Dpto. de Econometría y Estadística, Facultad de CC. Económicas y Empresariales, Universidad del País Vasco, Avda. Lehendakari Aguirre 83, 48015 Bilbao, Spain|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hart, Jeffrey D. & Wehrly, Thomas E., 1993. "Consistency of cross-validation when the data are curves," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 351-361, April.
- Fraiman, R. & Meloche, J., 1994. "Smoothing dependent observations," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 203-214, October.
- Ferreira, Eva & Núñez-Antón, Vicente & Rodríguez-Póo, Juan, 1997. "Kernel regression estimates of growth curves using nonstationary correlated errors," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 413-423, June.
- Vicente Núñez-Antón & Juan Rodríguez-Póo & Philippe Vieu, 1999. "Longitudinal data with nonstationary errors: a nonparametric three-stage approach," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 8(1), pages 201-231, June.
- Marron, James Stephen & Härdle, Wolfgang, 1986. "Random approximations to some measures of accuracy in nonparametric curve estimation," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 91-113, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ehu:biltok:199901. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alcira Macías)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.