Cyber trust and crime prevention: a synthesis of the state-of-the-art science reviews
This report provides a synthesis of theoretical and empirical work in the sciences and social sciences that indicates the drivers, opportunities, threats, and barriers to the future evolution of cyberspace and the feasibility of crime prevention measures. It is based on 10 state-of-the-art science reviews commissioned by the UK Office of Science and Technology Foresight Project. Each of the papers highlights the current state of knowledge in selected areas as well as gaps in the evidence base needed to address issues of cyber trust and crime prevention in the future.
|Date of creation:||10 Jun 2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: LSE Library Portugal Street London, WC2A 2HD, U.K.|
Phone: +44 (020) 7405 7686
Web page: http://www.lse.ac.uk/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul Belleflamme & Francis Bloch, 2004.
"Market sharing agreements and collusive networks,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 45(2), pages 387-411, 05.
- ELLEFLAMME, Paul & BLOCH, Francis, . "Market sharing agreements and collusive networks," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1711, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Paul Belleflamme & Francis Bloch, 2001. "Market Sharing Agreements and Collusive Networks," Working Papers 443, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Russell Cooper & T.W. Ross, 1984.
"Product Warranties and Double Moral Hazard,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
716, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Michael L. Katz & Carl Shapiro, 1994. "Systems Competition and Network Effects," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 93-115, Spring.
- Gerardo A. Guerra & Daniel John Zizzo, 2002.
"Trust Responsiveness and Beliefs,"
Economics Series Working Papers
99, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Nancy A. Lutz, 1989. "Warranties as Signals under Consumer Moral Hazard," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 20(2), pages 239-255, Summer.
- Jackson, Matthew O. & Watts, Alison, 2002.
"On the formation of interaction networks in social coordination games,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 265-291, November.
- Matthew O. Jackson & Alison Watts, 2000. "On the Formation of Interaction Networks in Social Coordination Games," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0778, Econometric Society.
- Oliver E. Williamson, 2000. "The New Institutional Economics: Taking Stock, Looking Ahead," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 38(3), pages 595-613, September.
- Joel Sobel, 2002. "Can We Trust Social Capital?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 40(1), pages 139-154, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
7656, David K. Levine.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-91, March.
- Samuel Bowles & Herbert Gintis, 2000. "Optimal Parochialism: The Dynamics of Trust and Exclusion in Networks," Working Papers 00-03-017, Santa Fe Institute.
- Michael Bacharach & Gerardo A. Guerra, 2001. "Is Trust Self-Fulfilling? An Experimental Study," Economics Series Working Papers 76, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Samuel Bowles & Herbert Gintis, 2000. "Optimal Parochialism: The Dynamics of Trust and Exclusion in Networks," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2000-06, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Esther Gal-Or, 1989. "Warranties as a Signal of Quality," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 22(1), pages 50-61, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ehl:lserod:4252. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (LSERO Manager)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.