Do Advertising Bans Work? An International Comparison
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Duffy, Martyn, 1995. "Advertising in demand systems for alcoholic drinks and tobacco: A comparative study," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 557-577, December.
- Massimo Motta, 2013. "Advertising bans," SERIEs: Journal of the Spanish Economic Association, Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 4(1), pages 61-81, March.
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1986. "Price and Advertising Signals of Product Quality," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(4), pages 796-821, August.
- Saffer, Henry, 1991.
"Alcohol advertising bans and alcohol abuse: An international perspective,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 65-79, May.
- Henry Saffer, 1989. "Alcohol Advertising Bans and Alcohol Abuse: An International Perspective," NBER Working Papers 3052, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ornstein, Stanley I & Hanssens, Dominique M, 1985. " Alcohol Control Laws and the Consumption of Distilled Spirits and Beer," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(2), pages 200-213, September.
- Jon Nelson, 2003. "Advertising Bans, Monopoly, and Alcohol Demand: Testing for Substitution Effects using State Panel Data," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 22(1), pages 1-25, February.
- Jon P. Nelson, 1999. "Broadcast Advertising and U.S. Demand for Alcoholic Beverages," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 65(4), pages 774-790, April.
- Saffer, Henry & Chaloupka, Frank, 2000. "The effect of tobacco advertising bans on tobacco consumption," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 1117-1137, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jon Nelson, 2008. "How Similar are Youth and Adult Alcohol Behaviors? Panel Results for Excise Taxes and Outlet Density," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 36(1), pages 89-104, March.
- Henry Saffer & Dhaval Dave, 2006.
"Alcohol advertising and alcohol consumption by adolescents,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(6), pages 617-637.
- Henry Saffer & Dhaval Dave, 2003. "Alcohol Advertising and Alcohol Consumption by Adolescents," NBER Working Papers 9676, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frank, Mark W., 2008.
"Media substitution in advertising: A spirited case study,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 308-326, January.
- Mark W. Frank, 2006. "Media Substitution in Advertising: A Spirited Case Study," Working Papers 0606, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
- Rinaldi, Gustavo, 2007. "The use of economic tools to develop a consensus on alcohol policies within and between jurisdictions," MPRA Paper 21941, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 18 Apr 2007.
- repec:exl:22evid:v:2013:y:2013:i:2:p:1-37 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nelson, Jon P., 2001. "Alcohol Advertising and Advertising Bans: A Survey of Research Methods, Results, and Policy Implications," Working Papers 7-01-2, Pennsylvania State University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecl:peneco:6-01-1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/depsuus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.