Inflation, factor substitution and growth
JEL Classification: E52, O11, O41
|Date of creation:||Oct 2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +49 69 1344 0
Fax: +49 69 1344 6000
Web page: http://www.ecb.europa.eu/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stanley Fischer & Carlos A. VÃ©gh Gramont & Ratna Sahay, 1996.
"Stabilization and Growth in Transition Economies; The Early Experience,"
IMF Working Papers
96/31, International Monetary Fund.
- S. Fisher & R. Sahay & C. A. Vegh, 1997. "Stabilization and Growth in Transition Economies: The Early Experience," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 5.
- Stanley Fischer & Ratna Sahay & Carlos A. Vegh, 1996. "Stabilization and Growth in Transition Economies: The Early Experience," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 10(2), pages 45-66, Spring.
- Fischer, Stanley & Sahay, Ratna & Vegh, Carlos, 1996. "Stabilization and growth in transition economies: The early experience," MPRA Paper 20631, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stanley Fischer, 1993.
"The Role of Macroeconomic Factors in Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
4565, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stockman, Alan C., 1981. "Anticipated inflation and the capital stock in a cash in-advance economy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 387-393.
- Temple, Jonathan, 2000. " Inflation and Growth: Stories Short and Tall," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(4), pages 395-426, September.
- Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1997.
"I just ran four million regressions,"
Economics Working Papers
201, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Howitt, P., 1990. "Money And Growth Revisited," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 9014, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Ripatti, Antti & Vilmunen, Jouko, 2001. "Declining labour share – Evidence of a change in underlying production technology?," Research Discussion Papers 10/2001, Bank of Finland.
- Feenstra, Robert C., 1986. "Functional equivalence between liquidity costs and the utility of money," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 271-291, March.
- Issing, Otmar, 2000. "How to Promote Growth in the Euro Area: The Contribution of Monetary Policy," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(2), pages 309-27, July.
- W. Robert & J. Alexander, 1997. "Inflation and economic growth: evidence from a growth equation," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(2), pages 233-238.
- Azariadis, Costas, 1996.
" The Economics of Poverty Traps: Part One: Complete Markets,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 1(4), pages 449-96, December.
- Costas Azariadis, 1996. "The Economics of Poverty Traps Part One: Complete Markets," Working Papers 9606, Centro de Investigacion Economica, ITAM.
- Stanley Fischer & Ratna Sahay & Carlos A. V�gh, 2002.
"Modern Hyper- and High Inflations,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 40(3), pages 837-880, September.
- Stanley Fischer & Ratna Sahay & Carlos A. Vegh, 2002. "Modern Hyper- and High Inflations," NBER Working Papers 8930, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stanley Fischer & Ratna Sahay & Carlos A. VÃ©gh Gramont, 2002. "Modern Hyper- and High Inflations," IMF Working Papers 02/197, International Monetary Fund.
- Atish Ghosh & Steven Phillips, 1998. "Warning: Inflation May Be Harmful to Your Growth," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 45(4), pages 672-710, December.
- Ragan, Christopher, 1998. "On the Believable Benefits of Low Inflation," Working Papers 98-15, Bank of Canada.
- Marini, Giancarlo & van der Ploeg, Frederick, 1988.
"Monetary and Fiscal Policy in an Optimising Model with Capital Accumulation and Finite Lives,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(392), pages 772-86, September.
- Marini, Giancarlo & van der Ploeg, Frederick, 1987. "Monetary and Fiscal Policy in an Optimizing Model with Capital Accumulation and Finite Lives," CEPR Discussion Papers 167, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Yip, C.K. & Wang, P., 1989.
"Alternative Approaches To Money And Growth,"
8-89-4, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Stanley Fischer, 1996. "Why are central banks pursuing long-run price stability?," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 7-34.
- Cooley, T.F. & Hansen, G.D., 1988.
"The Inflation Tax In A Real Business Cycle Model,"
RCER Working Papers
155, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Pecorino, Paul, 1995. "Inflation, human capital accumulation and long-run growth," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 533-542.
- Marquis, M.H. & Reffett, K.L., 1991. "Real Interest and Endogenous Growth in a Monetary Economy," Working Papers 1991_06_02, Department of Economics, Florida State University.
- Michael Sarel, 1996. "Nonlinear Effects of Inflation on Economic Growth," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 43(1), pages 199-215, March.
- Rainer Klump, 2001. "Trade, money and employment in intertemporal optimizing models of growth," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(4), pages 411-428.
- Andrew B. Abel, 1985.
"Dynamic Behavior of Capital Accumulation in a Cash-in-Advance Model,"
NBER Working Papers
1549, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abel, Andrew B., 1985. "Dynamic behavior of capital accumulation in a cash-in-advance model," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 55-71, July.
- Holman, Jill A, 1998. "GMM Estimation of a Money-in-the-Utility-Function Model: The Implications of Functional Forms," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 30(4), pages 679-98, November.
- Marquis, Milton H. & Reffett, Kevin L., 1991. "Real interest rates and endogenous growth in a monetary economy," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 105-109, October.
- Atish R. Ghosh & Holger Wolf, 1998. "Thresholds and Context Dependence in Growth," NBER Working Papers 6480, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Willman, Alpo, 2002. "Euro area production function and potential output: a supply side system approach," Working Paper Series 0153, European Central Bank.
- Olivier de La Grandville & Rainer Klump, 2000. "Economic Growth and the Elasticity of Substitution: Two Theorems and Some Suggestions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(1), pages 282-291, March.
- Fischer, Stanley, 1979. "Capital Accumulation on the Transition Path in a Monetary Optimizing Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(6), pages 1433-39, November.
- Petrucci, Alberto, 1999. "Inflation and capital accumulation in an OLG model with money in the production function," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 475-487, December.
- Zhang, Junxi, 2000. "Inflation and Growth: Pecuniary Transactions Costs and Qualitative Equivalence," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 32(1), pages 1-12, February.
- Pedro Cavalcanti Ferreira & Alberto Trejos, 2006. "On The Output Effects Of Barriers To Trade," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 47(4), pages 1319-1340, November.
- Klump, Rainer & Preissler, Harald, 2000. " CES Production Functions and Economic Growth," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 102(1), pages 41-56, March.
- Brock, William A, 1974. "Money and Growth: The Case of Long Run Perfect Foresight," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 15(3), pages 750-77, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecb:ecbwps:20030280. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Official Publications)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.