The Productivity Effects of Information Sharing, Profit-Sharing and ESOPs
We obtained the results for Japanese firms on the effects of profit-sharing, information-sharing and ESOPs by estimating production functions using a panel data set. The contribution of this paper is to identify the presence of a profit-sharing system and an information sharing system by estimation based on an individual firm.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1997|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 6-1 Mihogaoka, Ibaraki, Osaka 567-0047|
Web page: http://www.iser.osaka-u.ac.jp/index-e.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Itoh Hideshi, 1993. "Coalitions, Incentives, and Risk Sharing," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 410-427, August.
- Itoh, Hideshi, 1992. "Cooperation in Hierarchical Organizations: An Incentive Perspective," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(2), pages 321-345, April.
- Jensen, Michael C & Meckling, William H, 1979. "Rights and Production Functions: An Application to Labor-managed Firms and Codetermination," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(4), pages 469-506, October.
- Freeman, Richard B. & Weitzman, Martin L., 1987.
"Bonuses and employment in Japan,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 168-194, June.
- Wadhwani, S. & Wall, M., 1988.
"The Effects Of Profit-Sharing On Employment, Wages, Stock Returns And Productivity: Evidence From Uk Micro-Data,"
311, London School of Economics - Centre for Labour Economics.
- Wadhwani, Sushil & Wall, Martin, 1990. "The Effects of Profit-Sharing on Employment, Wages, Stock Returns and Productivity: Evidence from UK Micro-data," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(399), pages 1-17, March.
- Douglas L. Kruse, 1993. "Does Profit Sharing Affect Productivity?," NBER Working Papers 4542, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jones, Derek C & Kato, Takao, 1995. "The Productivity Effects of Employee Stock-Ownership Plans and Bonuses: Evidence from Japanese Panel Data," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(3), pages 391-414, June.
- Cramton, Peter C & Tracy, Joseph S, 1992.
"Strikes and Holdouts in Wage Bargaining: Theory and Data,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 82(1), pages 100-121, March.
- Peter Cramton & Joseph S. Tracy, 1992. "Strikes and Holdouts in Wage Bargaining: Theory and Data," Papers of Peter Cramton 92aer, University of Maryland, Department of Economics - Peter Cramton, revised 09 Jun 1998.
- Holmstrom, Bengt & Milgrom, Paul, 1994. "The Firm as an Incentive System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 972-991, September.
- Joseph S. Tracy, 1986.
"An Empirical Test of an Asymmetric Information Model of Strikes,"
NBER Working Papers
1870, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tracy, Joseph S, 1987. "An Empirical Test of an Asymmetric Information Model of Strikes," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 5(2), pages 149-173, April.
- Derek C. Jones & Takao Kato, 1993. "The Scope, Nature, and Effects of Employee Stock Ownership Plans in Japan," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 46(2), pages 352-367, January.
- Derek C. Jones & Takao Kato, 1993. "Employee Stock Ownership Plans and Productivity in Japanese Manufacturing Firms," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 31(3), pages 331-346, 09.
- Motohiro Morishima, 1991. "Information Sharing and Collective Bargaining in Japan: Effects on Wage Negotiation," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 44(3), pages 469-485, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dpr:wpaper:0435. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fumiko Matsumoto)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.