Employment dynamics within small, medium and large establishments in the netherlands at the end of the 1990s: where and to what extent did job creation and job destruction occur?
This study analyses Dutch employment growth and dynamics during the booming end 1990s. In this period many new jobs were created as employment growth was strongly positive. Next to these net flows of employment the gross flows of employment i.e. the numbers of jobs created and number of jobs destructed- are calculated per establishment in 1994, 1996 and 1998. From the analyses follows that relatively many jobs were destructed. Further, relatively more job creation and job destruction took place in small than in large establishments. Significant evidence for job creation as a consequence of government subsidized programs was not found. Neither did the development of real wages affect job creation or destruction during the end 1990s.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2003|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Postbus 98, 1000 AB Amsterdam|
Web page: http://www.dnb.nl/en/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Steven J. Davis & John C. Haltiwanger & Scott Schuh, 1998. "Job Creation and Destruction," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262540932, July.
- Steven J. Davis & John Haltiwanger, 1992.
"Gross Job Creation, Gross Job Destruction, and Employment Reallocation,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 107(3), pages 819-863.
- Steve J. Davis & John Haltiwanger, 1990. "Gross Job Creation, Gross Job Destruction and Employment Reallocation," Working Papers 90-4, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Steve J. Davis & John Haltiwanger, 1991. "Gross Job Creation, Gross Job Destruction and Employment Reallocation," NBER Working Papers 3728, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steve J. Davis & John Haltiwanger, 1991. "Gross job creation, gross job destruction and employment reallocation," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 91-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dnb:wormem:742. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rob Vet)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.