Wage moderation, innovation and labour productivity: myths and facts revisited (in Dutch)
This article surveys arguments on the lack of innovative capacity of the Dutch economy as presented by Kleinknecht in several papers. The arguments are critically discussed and in addition an alternative way to calculate productivity figures is presented. The authors conclude that the hypothesis that wage moderation has led to lower innovative capacity of the Dutch economy is rejected.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2000|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Postbus 98, 1000 AB Amsterdam|
Web page: http://www.dnb.nl/en/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Coe, David T & Helpman, Elhanan & Hoffmaister, Alexander W, 1997.
"North-South R&D Spillovers,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(440), pages 134-149, January.
- David T. Coe & Elhanan Helpman & Alexander Hoffmaister, 1995. "North-South R&D Spillovers," NBER Working Papers 5048, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Coe, David T & Helpman, Elhanan & Hoffmaister, Alexander, 1995. "North-South R&D Spillovers," CEPR Discussion Papers 1133, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fase, M. M. G. & Van Den Heuvel, P. J., 1988. "Productivity and growth : Verdoorn's law revisited," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 135-139.
- Coe, David T. & Helpman, Elhanan, 1995. "International R&D spillovers," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 859-887, May.
- Coe, David T & Helpman, Elhanan, 1993. "International R&D Spillovers," CEPR Discussion Papers 840, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Coe, D.T. & Helpman, E., 1993. "International R&D Spillovers," Papers 5-93, Tel Aviv.
- David T. Coe & Elhanan Helpman, 1993. "International R&D Spillovers," NBER Working Papers 4444, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fagerberg, Jan & Verspagen, Bart, 1998. "Productivity, R&D Spillovers and Trade," Working Papers 98.2, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies.
- Jan Fagerberg & Bart Verspagen, 1999. "Productivity, R&D Spillovers and Trade," Working Papers 3, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Kleinknecht, Alfred, 1998. "Is Labour Market Flexibility Harmful to Innovation?," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(3), pages 387-396, May.
- J. David Richardson, 2000. "The WTO and market-supportive regulation: a way forward on new competition, technological and labor issues," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 115-130. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dnb:wormem:635. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rob Vet)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.