Foreign Bank Penetration and Bank Credit Stability in Central and Eastern Europe
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Fernando J. Cardim de Carvalho, 2000.
"New competitive strategies of foreign banks in large emerging economies: the case of Brazil,"
BNL Quarterly Review,
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 53(213), pages 135-169.
- Fernando J. Cardim de Carvalho, 2000. "New competitive strategies of foreign banks in large emerging economies: the case of Brazil," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 53(213), pages 135-169.
- John P. Bonin & KÃ¡lmÃ¡n Mizsei & IstvÃ¡n P. SzÃ©kely & Paul Wachtel, 1998. "Banking in Transition Economies," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1286, September.
- B. Gerard Dages & Linda S. Goldberg & Daniel Kinney, 2000.
"Foreign and domestic bank participation in emerging markets: lessons from Mexico and Argentina,"
Economic Policy Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Sep, pages 17-36.
- Linda Goldberg & B. Gerard Dages & Daniel Kinney, 2000. "Foreign and Domestic Bank Participation in Emerging Markets: Lessons from Mexico and Argentina," NBER Working Papers 7714, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jennifer S. Crystal & B. Gerard Dages & Linda S. Goldberg, 2002. "Has foreign bank entry led to sounder banks in Latin America?," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 8(Jan).
- Peek, Joe & Rosengren, Eric S, 1997.
"The International Transmission of Financial Shocks: The Case of Japan,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 495-505.
- Joe Peek & Eric S. Rosengren, 1996. "The international transmission of financial shocks: the case of Japan," Working Papers 96-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Joe Peek & Eric S. Rosengren, 1996. "The International Transmission of Financial Shocks: The Case of Japan," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 357, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Cludia M. Buch, 1997. "Opening up for foreign banks: How Central and Eastern Europe can benefit," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 5(2), pages 339-366, November.
- Nancy L Wagner & Dora M Iakova, 2001. "Financial Sector Evolution in the Central European Economies; Challenges in Supporting Macroeconomic Stability and Sustainable Growth," IMF Working Papers 01/141, International Monetary Fund.
- Claessens, Stijn & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1998. "How does foreign entry affect the domestic banking market?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1918, The World Bank.
- McKinnon, Ronald I & Pill, Huw, 1997. "Credible Economic Liberalizations and Overborrowing," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 189-193.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ilko Naaborg & Bert Scholtens & Jakob de Haan & Hanneke Bol & Ralph de Haas, 2004.
"How Important are Foreign Banks in the Financial Development of European Transition Countries?,"
Journal of Emerging Market Finance,
Institute for Financial Management and Research, vol. 3(2), pages 99-123, August.
- Ilko Naaborg & Bert Scholtens & Jakob de Haan & Hanneke Bol & Ralph de Haas, 2003. "How Important are Foreign Banks in the Financial Development of European Transition Countries?," CESifo Working Paper Series 1100, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hanneke Bol & Jakob de Haan & Bert Scholtens & Ralph de Haas, 2002. "How Important Are Foreign Banks in European Transition Countries? A Comparative Analysis," International Finance 0209005, EconWPA.
- J.W.B. Bos, 2003. "Improving Market Power Tests: Does it matter for the Dutch Banking Market?," Research Series Supervision (discontinued) 56, Netherlands Central Bank, Directorate Supervision.
- H. Brouwer & R. de Haas & B. Kiviet, 2002. "Banking sector development and financial stability in the run up to EU accession," MEB Series (discontinued) 2002-6, Netherlands Central Bank, Monetary and Economic Policy Department.
- Henk Brouwer & Ralph de Haas & Bas Kiviet, 2002. "Banking sector development and financial stability in the run up to EU accession," Macroeconomics 0209003, EconWPA.
More about this item
Keywordsforeign banks; cross-border credit; transition economies; financial stability;
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CFN-2003-07-13 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-EEC-2003-07-13 (European Economics)
- NEP-MFD-2003-07-13 (Microfinance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dnb:ressup:43. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rob Vet). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dnbgvnl.html .